How to feel

My mum passed away coming up to five weeks. My mum was in Sue Ryders for a year but had been previously cared for at home. We had watched mum detreate over the last ten years and suffer in the last year. Many ups and downs. Roller coaster of emotions.

Just feel lost and an odd feeling. I know my mum is at peace and she isn’t suffering anymore and I know that day was going to happen but that doesn’t help.

1 Like

Hello, and I’m so sorry to hear about your mum passing away after a long illness. It is understandable that you might have some mixed emotions - even though there may be some relief that she isn’t suffering any more, that doesn’t mean that you miss her any less.

I’m glad that you’ve found this site and I hope that it helps a little to be able to share things here - it’s important to have outlets for your emotions. There are many others here who will understand some of what you are feeling. While you wait for more replies to your post, you may also wish to look at some of the other conversations in the Losing a Parent category to see what other people’s experiences have been.