How to start a new year without my husband/soulmate

Hey I’ve lost my husband/soulmate in June we were married for 35 years but I met him when I was 15 just managed to get through Christmas but struggling

4 Likes

Hello and welcome. I am so sorry for your loss. My wife passed 15 months ago and the pain is intense. Especially at this time when many are trying to enjoy holidays and festivities. Grieving is a new world and one that only those left behind experience. I hope you have people around you who can help you through. Try to keep talking, though it is difficult, about your loss. People have helped me to get through these months with patience and kindness. This forum is a welcoming place and everyone is going through their own grief and many have a lovely way of trying to help. I wish you well and once again offer my condolences.

4 Likes

It’s 20 months ago since I lost my husband of 50 years plus 6 years courting. Christmas was so hard because my birthday is the day before Christmas and then new year, it just doesn’t seem to be getting any easier. I’m sat here desperately wanting and needing someone to talk to and listen to me. My daughter and son-in-law are very good but I know it hit her hard when he died, so I don’t want to keep dragging it up that I’m unhappy as they do so much to help but sometimes like now I just want to scream. It’s January now and the thought of another year laying before me fills me with dried.
It’s been a long time since I posted anything, I think because I wanted to be strong but I am just kidding myself.

1 Like