How to work around loneliness after husbands death?

When my second husband died 6 weeks ago I felt doubly cursed because I had already been widowed 20 years ago. I couldn’t understand what I had done to deserve a second punishment. But my son said that I should actually consider myself doubly lucky to have been loved by two wonderful partners. That meant a lot, because his father was my first husband. I can also say that I loved them both equally. It does worry me a little bit that if there is an afterlife I don’t know what would happen. But that’s another subject. When I met Jeremy I didn’t know how my family would react. My son said ‘Dad wouldn’t want you to stay as sad as you have been’. My sister said that ‘there are no prizes in heaven for being the most miserable widow in the world’. I must admit that I was doing a fair impersonation of Queen Victoria for a few years. It helped that he was a widower himself. So, if there is a second chance, grab it with both hands. Xx

4 Likes

Vwey well said ! And i used the queen victoria reference before too ! Why be miserable when you dont have to be … we all need love. Its just how we were made - i.e. adam and eve !!!

3 Likes

Yes you do deserve happiness we all do after my first two marriages and experiences that went with it I could of chucked the towel in and never of married Nick so glad I did , I recently had a book published about my marriages etc and writing it brought back some terrible times and nick really showed me what happiness was so yes we all deserve it

1 Like

My fist two marriages and what went with it was awful I have recently had a book published about it and writing it took me to places I had chose to forget my second husband was my sons father he was found dead in his flat in January 3 months before my lovely husband went !! Let’s just say that was a relief after what he put me through and our son!! I had the experience of two husbands dying but sadly they both were not nice just glad in the end I found the good guy x

1 Like

Yes I am a long way of that too “if ever “ after my two previous “crap “ marriages and finding the “good guy “ I did always say “if anything happened to our marriage that’s it he was the one “ ATM that’s the way I feel my friend became a widow at the age of 41 and that was 23 years ago this month , she always said that Dave was the one for her and if she can’t have him well then that’s it, and she has stuck to what she said , she said she doesn’t get lonely and if you don’t like your own company how to you expect others to! She did say and that included me up until a few months ago when she heard someone say “oh I am going out with my husband “ she would feel said that she couldn’t do that but said “it is what it is “! I am not in a position to say “what is what atm

1 Like