Husband died suddenly at 34yo

Leanna,
Just be kind to yourself and take one day at a time. Just getting through each day is enough st the moment so don’t be hard on yourself.
I have a daughter living at home so I also don’t like to get upset in front of her -she hates to see me cry and upset - when she is not there though or when I am out on a dog walk I let the tears flow - I need to do so as I’m sure you do
Children are incredibly resilient so I am sure your son will surprise you and come through this better than you expect
Look after yourself and hope you get the counselling support you need
I joined a CRUSE support group for people who had lost partners and that was a really useful forum to talk to others in similar situations
Take care, Diane

1 Like

Oh Leanna, I am so sorry to read your message. It’s just the worst thing to happen. It’s very early days and you will go through so many emotions and feelings in the coming weeks and months. I wish I could say something that will make you feel better, but no one can. When it happened to me 11 months ago, I was in a daze, like being in a fog that wouldn’t lift. You can’t prepare for this, hold your baby tight. It is my kids that get me through each day. If I can help in any way please let me know. We are all here for you, I have had so much support from the forum.
My thoughts are with you xx

Hi there im so sorry for your loss im going to be 39 next month I lost my soulmate of seventeen years on October the 24th gone so it was six weeks Wednesday gone it doesn’t matter what people say it doesn’t get easier im utterly heartbreakon destroyed such a empty heavy heart panic anxiety doesn’t seem real or right we had seventeen years together had all our future mapped out dreams and hopes all cruelly tragically ripped away no words can describe the pain in my empty broken heart this was a home now just an empty silent house I just want my soulmate back in my arms a cuddle to hear footsteps on the stairs the toilet flush kettle boil anything can’t see the point in going on now I pray for the day I can be with my partner my heart is broken in a million pieces take care x