Husband dying

Husband gordon diagonesed with stage 4 terminal cancer 2-12-2020.left hospital 7-12-2020.
No pallative care.
Fought 4 help.finally got hospital bed+help on 24-12-2020.carers twice daily.
Died 26-12-2020@9pm
layed him out.kissed+held hand till he passed.
:heart_eyes::heartbeat:him.miss him.its awful sitting here alone.
Karen xx

2 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear about the death of your husband, you must be feeling devastated, I lost my husband around Christmas a few years ago, also to cancer, so I do know how you are feeling, I think I cried every day for 6 months, I tried to keep myself busy, luckily I have 2 dogs which gave me a reason to get up every morning, all you can do is take a day at a time, be kind to yourself, it will eventually become easier, sending love Jude xx

1 Like

I’ve been crying most days.we did so much together.my mind is so confused.struggling 2 get my head thinking straight.taking it one day at a time.gone from being busy.to doing nothing.
I have3 cats.they wonder where Gordons gone.
Karen

1 Like

I’m so so sorry @Askitcat2021 It’s so traumatic and shocking x what a journey for you x my husbands dx was.22nd October 2020, he died on 4th November x it has rocked me x I don’t.know how we do it but we do x I’m now almost.14 weeks on and I do feel different or I have been calmer and more forward thinking this week x I do t know when I’m.going to melt down again, I miss him so so much x this is not.easy x please trust. I am.thinking of you x it’s all so unfair.x.

1 Like

Thank you x

My heart goes out to you, only someone who has gone through this would understand, I lost my husband 18 months ago we spent every minute together and he was my best friend. I’ve lost others very close to me but losing him went far beyond grief I’ve had 23 sessions of counselling it’s definitely helped but I still am heartbroken, it’s something no words can help god bless you x

1 Like

Hi Amber, you have come to the right place to talk it through x lost my husband Nov last year it’s jist so hard isnt it ? X All the love x

1 Like

Thank you so much it really helps to know you’re not the only going through this xxx

1 Like

My wife fought cancer 3 times from 2013. Supposedly ‘all clear’ twice finally succumbing to a rare form Oct last year. I’d give anything to still be caring for her now.
Tried counselling but stopped because they can’t bring her back. Take comfort that she wanted to go she had had enough. Just miss her so much. Knowing life will never be as good is so hard to come to terms with.
Reading stuff on here helps to know your not the only one.

Heart breaks for you all , I’m currently watching my partner die , pancreatic cancer can’t absorb any fat or nutrients , so weak can’t talk . I’m in another world I feel , grief is already with me all the time xx

1 Like

Bless you there are no words of comfort except to say I care and you are stronger than you think.
Stay strong sending love and hugs. x

Thankyou , I don’t feel strong I feel useless , wish it was me , so out of control , my safety has gone , my soul mate has no light in his eyes , bless all of you this us so very very cruel xxx

1 Like

Now today it’s even worse news ct scan in November liver ok ct scan today very many lesions !!! I’m staying strong till he’s gone when I’m there with him , after that I can’t imagine , too young , so cruel xx I hate this , seeing him so weak , this all day in a hospice , ours lives are so different , can’t see passed today anymore x he’s my soul mate , best friend , I love him more than life . God bless to all of you feeling like this it’s hell in earth !

1 Like

I know exactly how you feel. You are there for him and that’s all that matters right now.
At the very end my Karen was desperate to go and that destroyed me.
She would say goodnight and wish she wouldn’t wake up. I’d reply I’m so sorry but I hope you do , I couldn’t bear to let her go every day every hour every second is so precious with the love of your life.
The heartbreak is the price you pay for love.
I know it’s so very hard and it’s so difficult to explain to anyone who hasn’t been through it. Why me?
You are stronger than you think. The love you and your husband share will see you through.
In my thoughts sending love and hugs.

Lost my Husband to cancer oct last year i was caring for him i also lost my Mum to cancer in oct 2019 i also looked after her i miss both of them so much

Thankyou , it’s so painful , not that I’d want anyone else to feel like this but good people understand the pain x

1 Like

It so painfull to se your love one in that situation.
Please prepare yourself for painful moments ahead,
If you can think what would you like to tell him
Think in the " if i have done this, and that" i would have… or i should have… tell him all those things it will help you i the future.
Maybe a picture, recording his voice, give him a cuddle a selfie …
Picturex can be delete if you dont need them later but maybe a picture can give yoh the last moments wirh him or help you…
Sorry that you are in that painfull moments…
Lovexx

1 Like