Husband’s death

Talking about things that affect us in so many ways is not always easy Maryl…it sounds like you have had more than your fair share of bad deals in life but have chosen to not let all those things pull you down further . That says a lot about your character and strengh and resilience as a human being. What we dont allow to break us makes us stronger…x

2 Likes

Thank you, Bab, your words are a comfort,
Stay safe,x

1 Like

Dear Sarah
I am so sorry to hear your terribly sad story, to have moved away from all which was familiar and then to go through this must have been terribly traumatic.
Going through a loss during lockdown is just awful.
My husband of two years died on the 24th March while he was working away, it was very sudden and died on the way to hospital and not being able to say goodbye is so awful. I can’t imagine what you were going through while your husband was in hospital and you couldn’t visit. Add to this the fact that you can’t have supportive friends and family around you is just terrible. I am lucky that I have rather a house full of dogs, I don’t know how I would have coped without them.
Please just know that you have support here from people who understand.
Sending love and hugs. xx

Good gracious, SarahJ01,
I am so sorry that you only had two years of marriage with your husband, it must be terrible for you. It does come as a dreadful shock when it happens so suddenly and is made worse, I would imagine that he was working away.
It is very true that our pets do give us a purpose for us to get up in the morning, I have an English Springer Spaniel called Polly, she was my husband’s dog really but since he died, she follows me around wherever I go.
Love and hugs to you, x x x x

1 Like