Husband

My husband was diagnosed with sprodic cjd in june of this year ,he could walk talk and remember thing.He pased away tuesday before this he lost his speach memory and ability to walk the last 2 months he was bed ridden.All this has happened in 25 weeks i lost my husband to cjd and now hes gone completely and im grieving all over again .

3 Likes

Hello @Gracie238 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling as though you are grieving all over again. I’m so sorry to hear about your husband, what an incredibly difficult time you have faced over the past weeks. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

@Gracie238 I am so sorry for your loss of your husband… so very sad. I lost my husband suddenly and unexpectedly to undiagnosed kidney cancer and a blood clot. He was 53 years old. Take one step at a time hour by hour, scream cry and don’t hide your emotions. Hopefully you have support from family and friends. Reach out on here when you need to. Take care and big hugs xx

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss and want you to know your not on your own in your grief and sadness-we’re all feeling it right now and I think this is a first hurdle we’re all facing to get through at this time of year- we’re all here for you to talk to and let’s just get the next three weeks over with. X

I also lost my husbad from sporadic cjd in November 2019 … i lost him 5 weeks before he died.
I am sure the symptoms were showing long before,the trouble is there are no answers.
My heart goes out to you … just take one day one hour at a time the good times are hard to think of.
I send you my love x

1 Like

Hi Gracie just wondered how you were doing after losing your husband to sporadic cjd,such a horrid disease.
Would love to speak if you wanted .
Sending love.