I Am Always With You

Not sure if this little poem is on here. It’sbeen another sleepless night and it was going through my mind. Wanated to share it with you all.

I Am Always With you.

When I am gone, release me, let me go
I have so many things to see and do.
You mustn’t tie yourself to me with too many tears
But be thankful we had so many good years.
I gave you my love, and you can only guess
How much love you’ve given me in happiness.
I thank you for the love that you have shown
But now it’s time I travelled on alone.
So grieve for me a while, if grieve you must
Then let your grief be comforted with trust
That it is only a while that we are apart
So treasure the memories within your heart.
I won’t be far away for life goes on
And if you need me, call me and I will come.
Though you can’t see or touch me I will be near
And if you listen with your heart
You’ll hear all my love around you soft and clear
And, then when you come this way alone
I’ll greet you with a smile and a “Welcome Home”.

16 Likes

Lovely poem sad 2. I will post the one I wrote for my Ron’s eulogy shortly. I can feel your pain and piety written from the heart always helps. Xx

Thank you Angiejo1.
Sadly, the pain is not getting any easier, if anything it’s worse. I’m crying more and more and just keep wishing it wasn’t true. I feel like I want to wake up from a bad dream and everyhting will be ok when the nightmare’s over.
x

3 Likes

Your poems are so lovely sad2.
I too seem to be crying more and more and I I still cannot believe my partner has gone. I’m so scared at feeling this pain all the time.
Amy x

3 Likes

Thank you Amy. I spend my lonely hours reading through these lovely poems. I cry as I read them, but they also give me some comfort. The pain we share is unbelievable, but we are not alone in our grief and I’m sure our loved ones are with us every step of the way.
Hope you like this little poem:

My Star In Heaven
I’m sending a dove to heaven with a parcel on its wings
Be careful when you open it, it’s full of beautiful things.
Inside are a million kisses wrapped up in a million hugs
To say how much I miss you and to send you all my love.
I hold you close within my heart and there you will remain
To walk with me throughout my life until we meet again.

Joan x

11 Likes

@sad2

What a lovely poem.

The more I head down the grief journey, the more this rings true. They don’t leave you, they just change form.

I see the bit that is Paul inside myself and our two children.

I’d like to think that he will be there as life’s journeys continue.

I hope you have a better nights sleep.

Merrin x

3 Likes

Thanks for that poem it was lovely and I needed it so much today

I had this read at my Ray’s funeral last year. I hope he does welcome me home some time.

What a delightful poem Joan," I am sending a dove to Heaven with a parcel on its wings’ - I wept when I read those words. My darling Gill died 8 months ago and I still weep for her every day and I guess that I always will. Those of us who meet here have all had the great good fortune to have had loving relationships which gave us and our partners happy and contented lives - we were truly blessed. Now we are all sharing the indescribable grief that follows the loss of our loved ones. The only real comfort available to us is the belief that we really will meet them again when our time comes. That thought is all that keeps me going.
I wish for you the strength to survive these awful days and throw in a hug as well (if I may, of course!) Peter.

1 Like

Thank you Peter.
So sorry for your great loss.
Crying is a way your eyes speak when your mouth can’t explain how broken your heart is.
I thought this pain would ease with time, but it hasn’t. Some days are worse because it can be non stop. I’m sure we have all had those “bad” days.
“A thousand words can’t bring you back, I know because I’ve tried, neither would a million tears,
I know because I’ve cried.”
Hope you have long arms because we could all do with a hug.

Take care and stay strong.
Joan x

4 Likes

Beautiful xx

Hi Juneie
Good to hear from you, and that things are getting a lil better. Bit by bit.
Living water community church is my church.
A faith based Christian church. I am not able to send you a link but our pastors name is Rick Thompson our church is in Fort Lauderdale off river land road.
Thank you for the links. Will watch soon.
Thank you for your timely reply
Take care
Gary54
Livngwatercommunitychurchfortlauderdale.org

1 Like

Hi Joan
This is a very sweet poem thankyou for sharing.
Gary54

Juneie
How are you?
I awoke so early this morning, so I am doing this till I have to get up
My church is still on line so I sent you the link that will take you to the page.
We are on Riverland Rd. Fort Lauderdale Florida. so that you can see that on the page
Lwccftl.org.
Pastor Rick Thompson is our pastor.
There are on line services every week at 10.00 am. On Sunday.
The uk. Is a five hour difference
You can google our correct gmt. Time.
Your Easter services were really nice they were joyful.
Your worship team is really good.
Your daughter is amazing
She has such great expressions when she sings.
Beautiful voice too.
How is she coping?
I hope all is getting a lil easier
We are probably in the same area of healing as we are close when we lost our beloveds.
Take care
Gary 54.

Dear Juneie
How are you?
I have not heard from you in a few weeks.
I hope that all is ok with you.
Though it’s been over 6 months Gary left us it still feels so fresh.but I am accepting of it.

Did you go back to work
I hope that if you do you will find a sense of accomplishment and that it will allow you to feel good about yourself. That is so important for our psychological being.

We have set in place an exterminator to fumigate my house. We have found termites eating at my house.
So I have been preparing for that.
Today I have to finish off the preparations.
Just a few things that I haven’t finished.

I think of you quite often.
I tried to write sooner but couldn’t find a way to write as all the past messages have been answered.
Church last Sunday was really good for me.
The Holy Spirit was really near. It was @mazing.

Know the Lord is nearer than you think. He is watching over us continually. We are the apple of His eye…

Sisters in Christ
Gary54