I am broke n

I lost my Mum on Christmas Day morning. She had a few health issues over the years
She had been in hospital for about a month, gone in with a UTI the diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian Cancer.
Seems like my whole life has changed, everything. I feel numb inside, like an actor putting on a show. I speak with my family, but Dad just wants to stay active, seems focused on clearing stuff from the house.
I have messaged some helplines, they just seem to say give it a couple of weeks and see how you feel. I have spoken to my doctor who has prescribed me some Diazepam.
I feel so helpless, my step brother and sister are not coming to the funeral, we have just got back in touch with relatives from Mums side of the family. We used to be close, but lost touch.

1 Like

Hello @PaulHu,

I can see you’re new and I wanted to say how sorry I am for the loss of your mum that brings you here. I am sure many of our members will recognise the feelings you describe; of feeling numb and putting on a show. Your loss is so recent and raw that you will be going through a range of emotions right now. Thank you for sharing with us; you have been heard and you are not alone.

I am really glad you have been reaching out for support to your GP, helplines, and to our community. I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Please do keep reaching out - we are here for you.

Seaneen