I am feeling more at ease

So it will be 16 wks on monday since my partner passed away
Although i think about him every single day I am now starting to feel a bit more at ease hardly any tears at first i thought i wouldnt be able to cope and live here away from my family but i have good friends and i have just started doing the body shop at home so been keeping busy
I wish things were different like we all do on here but i cannot change things i dont know if i feel like this already because of how he left me i loved him still despite what he did and i know he loved me and didnt want to be that way but i feel at peace at the moment so i will take that for now xx

2 Likes

I am so pleased for you, Fg15, I really hope that you continue to feel as you do. x

Thank you i know there are going to be many difficult days ahead still but at the moment im doing ok xx

You are very welcome, I really really hope that it continues, I know I have already said this, stay safe.

1 Like

Hi. Fg15. Thanks be to God!!! A positive post and a very welcome one. Not only do you appreciate how you feel now, but also accept there may be difficult times ahead. Being philosophical is not at all easy in grief, almost impossible.
But that dim light does get brighter and may allow us to think more clearly.
A day at at a time is still good advice.
Thank you and Blessings. John.

3 Likes

Well i was doing ok
But this week im not i feel so lost and empty even though i have our daughter and am back to work i keep wondering where im going to end up in life and it scares the hell out of me i know i shouldnt thibk about it but cannot help it x

3 Likes

Hello. I just had to write because I saw how much you are hurting when you had been feeling better recently. I lost my beloved husband 18 weeks ago so I must be about as far along as you. We had been togther for 57 years and married for 54. If it’s any consolation, I have the occasional reasonable day when I think I am going to be ok, and then the next day, I feel desperately sad. . That is normal apparently. It is unbelievably hard but we have to carry on. The ones we are missing would hate us to do anything stupid. Someone on here made a beautiful point a while ago. She said that she was going to live the life her loved one wasn’t able to and that she would do it for them. I thought that was beautiful
I am sending virtual hugs which is all I can do. Please don’t do anything in haste and most of all, get help - please.

2 Likes

HI, not sure if this helps but I think how you are feeling is pretty general, so please don’t feel too scared. Try hard to take one day at a time and not to think about your future yet. Your just not ready. Your thoughts will start to settle down in time. You are on the right track and doing really well with the right attitude. You have accepted that there will be some bad days even when you feel at peace with yourself and that is sensible. I can have really good days and then I go down with a bump. Acceptance is part of surviving these not too nice thoughts. Hopefully worrying thoughts will move on in time.
Good luck

1 Like

Thank you
I lost my partner 29th June i think im just having an off week again bound to happen i know and its hot me that none of us are here forever and it scares me just having a weepy week again but looking to get sone counselling as my head all over place he has completley broken me not intentional i know but it hurts x

Thank you
Just another bad week i think but stilk early days isnt it tomorow is a new day lets see what that brings hopefully it will be a little easier than today x

I SO know that hurt! My husband died on 30th June, so as I thought, we lost them at the same time. I wish there could be an answer - something that could take the pain away and, like you, I fear for the future. You are lucky that you have your daughter and your work too. I have a wonderful family but I am retired so no work to take my mind off things. I am glad you are getting counselling. I am thinking about it too, but haven’t yet taken the plunge.

1 Like