I am so.lost

7 years my mum battled cancer. She lost her fight 19.2.23, i am lost without her…the void hurts so much

4 Likes

Hi Ejw,

I’m very sorry for your loss.

I lost my lovely dad in November 2022, he was diagnosed with cancer in 2020 and we thought he was through it. In September last year we found out the cancer had returned and he passed away 8 weeks later.

My dad is my everything and I’m completely lost without him. The void that has been left is indescribable, it is a constant ache and longing like I’ve never experienced before. I miss him every second of the day.

There are lots of people on this site who sadly understand the pain and loss.

Xx

1 Like

Thank you, i have come here to be with others who are also going through unbearable pain, its suffocating and crushing…yet we have to get through each day. I thought we had more time but in the end it came so quickly and so unprepared, the shock and realisation thats shes gone…there are so many things left unsaid, or perhaps were said but never really listened…to have 1 more minute…

2 Likes

It is unbearable to lose a parent and it’s shocking that a loved one can be taken away so quickly. I feel like so many aspects of my dad’s life were unfinished, it’s like he was just removed from this world without any warning. My brother has told me that this is what happens and death often doesn’t have a neat ending. I wish I had more time with my dad, I miss him terribly. I still talk to him though and i know that he hears and loves me.

Xx

1 Like

I have been speaking to my mum too, ive spent 52 years communicating with her, so it ferls confortable and soothing, i believe she hears me to x

2 Likes

Hi Ejw,
Just want you to know i read your post and my heart goes out to you. Nothing prepares us for this awful grief. There are so many people on here going through the same as you so remember others understand and can help you by replying. Please keep posting.
Even though you knew your mum had cancer nothing prepares you for the end.
I lost my mum Dec 30th and like you the pain is unbearable. It is so raw.
I believe our mums can hear us too. There must be a way they can see us also. Before my mum passed i asked her to send me signs she was ok and to watch over me . I have had so many signs already. Have a look on teh Signs page as other people have added theirs also.
Am here for you ok and message any time
Deborah x

3 Likes

Thank you so much, knowinh i am not alone brings comfort…its the hardest thing ive gone through, its the feeling of emptiness and that deep hurt in yiur stomach. .its very overwhelming and just completely breaks u x

1 Like

Hi Ejw,
I know and it’s so hard to know what to say. Nothing compares to the awful pain we are feeling right now. Its been approx 2 mths since my mum passed and every day I cry and I cry a lot most days. I thought I would because we were so close and nothing can make me feel better in any small way. Its going to be very tough going but I am here for you ok . just message anytime
Deborah x

2 Likes

Thank u so much xx

1 Like

Hello everyone. I just thought I’d add that i also have taken to talking to my Mum. I lost her seven months ago and we used to talk on the phone everyday. God i miss her listening to me, rationalizing things telling me she loved me. Giving me hope. I have been married for years and my hubbie is lovely but there’s nothing like your mum.
I hope that your pain becomes more bearable and your chats with your loved ones being you some finding. Kate xx

2 Likes

You are not alone. I lost my mum two weeks before Christmas after a short illness. I too feel lost as she was my best friend as well as my mum. And with mothers day just a few days away and surrounded by so many reminders. It’s hard. Firsts are always hard.

One of the things I’ve done, that helps, is I bought a nice notebook and I write in it when ever I feel the need. I write them as letters to my mum, as if I was away somewhere. And I talk to her about things as if she was still here. It’s my only way I can try and get through this.

4 Likes

Thank you thsts such a lovely idea, thank you for sharing xxxx thinking of you, sunday is going to be really hard x

1 Like

Ejw, I lost my mom on 8th March this year and had been living with her for over 90 years so you can imagine the huge void she has left in my life. We knew it was coming but you can’t imagine what it’s like when it happens. I fully empathize with your loss Ejw and I can’t really offer any real advice aside from talking to us here, which does seem to help.

2 Likes

Thank you, funeral tomorrow. They have brought my mother home this evening, ready to leave from her home tomorrow. I find it comforting she is here x

1 Like

Hello, i have read your post my heartfelt love goes to you and the family. I lost my mum and dad within a year and the grief you are now facing feels crushing and overwhelming. Take the love and joy you shared and keep it close in your darkest moments. There will be times you will feel overwhelmed and times you will remember with a smile and laughter. There are no rights and wrongs to how you should be feelibg but express these feelings to people you can talk too. Sending hugs your way xx

3 Likes

Thank you so much :heartbeat: my thoughts are with you x