I am sorry

I wonder if anyone lives near Brighton? I would like to feel I could make friends with people in a similar situation to me when it is safe to do so. I can’t talk to my friends about my grief as they can’t empathise and also I get upset to be with couples who still have each other.

1 Like

It is just after six months since my husband died and I am so lonely. I can’t take pleasure in anything really but I do try to keep myself well. I have two adult sons from my first marriage but I can’t keep burdening them with my sadness. I know this grief will be with me forever and I do have to live with it but it’s horrendous isn’t it?

1 Like

Hello Yvonne,
Welcome to this group where none of us want to be. The grief which we are suffering is horrendous and there is no way we can escape it, we have to go through it. We cannot go round it, under it and over it, as I have just written we have to go through it. My husband and I had been married for 59 years, I found him on our bedroom floor, he had died.
It is just 9 months ago, I still feel as if I am in shock and I suppose that you are in shock too, There is nothing I can say which will make you feel any better, other than you could not have come to a more compassionate and understanding group of people.
Take good care of yourself and I hope you will post again.
Blessings,
MaryL

2 Likes

Thank you xx

1 Like

Exactly like me Yvonne I have two sons from a previous marriage so of course this doesn’t mean the same to them as he wasn’t their father! I was beginning to live some kind of life then this virus comes along and things have just got worse! They say time heals but I have found the longer it goes on the worse it is gets, which is a bit hard to explain but you will probably understand!
Take care
Janet x

Hello Janet yes I understand completely. How long have you been without your husband? I feel more sad and lonely each day now and am becoming irrationally annoyed with comments by friends who tell me what they have been doing together. I am avoiding talking to most people now. How are you today? Xx

3 Likes

Hello, I’m new to the community. I’d like to say that I have been feeling like you too. I go for my daily exercise but have got fed up now walking around on my own and passing lots of couples and families. It’s been 3 years for me and was just getting on my feet a bit until the lockdown. I think it gives you too much thinking time. Hang in there xx

1 Like

Hi Yvonne yes my husband passed away 24th April last year but it still seems like yesterday! I expect you feel the same but when I go out it seems that all I see is couples, similar age to myself, walking together holding hands and it really hurts! I wouldn’t wish anybody any harm but I feel like I want to go up to them and say ‘it’s all right for you as you have each other’ it is not at all nice to feel like that but that’s how it gets to you!! I do ask WHY has this happened to me I have never done anybody any harm!!
Well it is comforting to know that you are not the only with these feelings!!
Take care
Janet x

1 Like