I am still Mrs

This is my second Christmas without mark and the Christmas cards have started arriving. I got one off his cousin who I haven’t heard from all year and she had just addressed it on the envelope with my initial and surname. This upset me as I still think of myself as Mrs and still married.
I’ve been poorly this week with a bad cold so been finding it hard anyway. Apart from my daughter I haven’t seen anyone the last three days. I don’t know if because I’ve been poorly I am being over sensitive about it but it did really upset me.
Xx

9 Likes

Hi, you are not being sensitive you are still Mrs and nobody can take that away. I lost my husband in June this year and already I receive letters titled Ms. I ring these people up and tell them I am still my husbands wife and to change my title immediately. We didn’t chose to be alone our husbands were taken without choice so stand firm and make it clear to everyone that your title has not changed
Jen x

9 Likes

It would have upset me too. I will always be Mrs. Hope you feel better soon.

5 Likes

@Jen64 well said. I agree 100% x.

6 Likes

Thanks for your replies. When I told my sister she understood why I was upset. It’s reassuring to hear that other people feel the same.
Xx

5 Likes

Totally with you all,on this. I will always be married to my husband, that special bond can never be taken away.

3 Likes

Totally get this - it’s like when you have to put a relationship - I am still married - why do I have to put widow? :weary::heart:‍:adhesive_bandage:
Men will always be Mr is their spouse dies so why are we anything else? We are married - unfortunately our loved ones had to leave us too early :blue_heart::butterfly: take care xxxx

3 Likes

Bless you Barbara I hope you are feeling better and getting over your cold. I too see myself as Mrs and not Ms .Cards have started to arrive and they are usually address by my name and surname not Mrs and it jarrs a bit and I now think ‘were ignorance is bliss it is folly to be wise’ and keep my own counsell This time of year is tough for us all and each and everyone of us has found our own way of coping and getting through it. My morning anxiety has kicked in and feels worse somehow as christmas approaches and people start putting theee trees and lights up mine are still in the loft and can stay there .Will buy a tree as my grandson is coming otherwise I wouldn’t bother this year. Sunday hump so sorry for being a grump x

1 Like

No need to apologise for feeling low Sundays always seem worse for some reason.
Feeling much better. My anxiety is about this horrible weather at the moment. Supposed to be meeting friends for lunch tomorrow but hate driving in the snow and ice and as mark used to say I’m like Bambi on ice when it comes to walking.
Haven’t been out the house since Tuesday so don’t really want to cancel.
Daughter coming today to help me put my tree up.
Take care xx

2 Likes

Not having too bad a day,getting jobs our of the way and thinking of watching a film on netflix . Got a beef stew in the slow cooker for tomorrow and will make a chicken salad for my tea . Thankfully the frost has melted and like you I’m off out to a coffee morning tomorrow fingers crossed the weather warms up. Sunday’s are iffy days or once upon a time family and relaxing days. Glad to hear you’re feeling better have a glass of wine while you put the tree up and raise a glass or two to that special man that you loved and loved you in return xxx

2 Likes

I am still Mr and sign her name on the cards. To say I miss her is a massive understatement, she was everything to for just under 55 years of a happy & blessed marriage.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Shalom john (and marian) :pray:t2::blue_heart:

3 Likes

I feel your pain. I hate sending cards out with just Tracie. Does not feel rite. I also still wear my rings. I also correct people when they call me Miss no I am a Mrs. My mark died September 2021 I was with him 47 years. Life time. Days are still very difficult.

4 Likes