I blame myself!! 😢

On the 29th of may I lost my gran and not coping at all. I have 2 children aged 12 and 6 and when they are here I manage to function I’m mum I have to carry on and be mum but when they go to their dads each week I crumble grief creeps back in and I don’t even want to get out of bed. I’m now pushing my fiancé away by not communicating, for being in such a low mood and it’s taking its tole but I just don’t know where to start I don’t know what to say or how to open up about it all. Reality is I blame myself my gran was in hospital I was the only one visiting the night she passed I encouraged her to have a drink of water as she was dehydrated while in….that drink of water caused her to be sick resulting in her aspirating and her heart stopping the guilt I feel is unexplainable I’m beating myself up daily!

1 Like

Hello @Lorna32

I can see you’re new to the community. I’m so sorry for the loss of your nan that brings you here - I hope that you find some support and comfort from other members here. You can find all the posts from other members about losing a grandparent on the category page and there may be some useful posts there, as well as an opportunity to connect with other members.

Some of these Sue Ryder resources might also be helpful:

Take good care and keep reaching out,
Lizzie