I can't feel my emotions anymore

I don’t feel anything. that’s it.
I don’t know if im just not feeling motivated or if I just can’t appreciate my emotions anymore.
I literally feel like im in the limbo: Im not here but im not there either.

all the damn time I feel nothing. obviously there are moments when im happy, or im sad, or nervous, but it really just narrows down and I feel lost.

1 Like

Perhaps, you are feeling numb?
The pandemic and grief has turn our world into a very strange place.

1 Like

I keep having this too.

It’s all part of the grief go-round. Try not to analyse it or worry that you’re feeling nothing. It’s possibly your brain’s way of protecting you for a short time.

2 Likes

Hi Ana, I understand where you are coming from. It’s 2 1/2 years since I lost my fantastic husband and I thought that I was beginning to cope ok; but I find myself in that emotionless state again. I think that for me it’s a kind of protective thing so that I don’t have to feel all of those painful emotions perhaps only for a while. The lock down hasn’t helped in one way but I think that it made me put aside all of the things that I was using to avoid looking at my life without my husband; and now I have to face them; but I don’t want to as everything seems too bleak. I know we are told to own the feelings so that we can deal with them but sometimes it hurts too much, maybe this is our minds giving us a break.

Take care

Denise

2 Likes

you too Denise, we’re strong enough to cope with all of this.
Take much care

1 Like