I don’t know how to grieve

I lost my mum 5 years ago but stepped in to care for my Nanna (her mother) and apparently I have not grieved… my nanna passed away recentLy and I thought that would be hit by grief but I still feel nothing …. I don’t know what I should be feeling ! Everyone tells me to let it happen but I don’t know how to … life has to go on and I can’t fall apart so I just get on with it….

Does anyone relate to this?

Yes :pensive::pensive::pensive: xxx

1 Like

Is a strange place to be! I feel like everyone is waiting for me to fall apart… I can cry and feel sad but it’s not an overwhelming sadness like everyone else seems to feel. It’s just nothing….and I feel guilty for that

We feel guilty if we think we’ve done something wrong but grief isn’t like that . Because there are no rules on how we experience it, it’s very individual . Don’t worry you will find your way .

2 Likes

My OldBoy passed away on the 3rd of Feb and I think I’ve cried 3 times, 1 being at the funeral but that was only a little as I carried him and I was scared if I started crying I would drop him xxx :pensive::pensive::pensive:

@Livv grief is very individual and usually connected to the relationship with the person lost. There’s no right way to grieve or indeed timescale. You don’t have to justify yourself to others. You feel what you feel! Best wishes xx