I don’t know how to live without her

My big sister died from depressed two days ago. I don’t know what to do without her. She was and always will be my best friend. I feel numb, then ok, then I break down. We’re planning her funeral, but I’m so lost. My whole body hurts. I’ve never been without her. How do I even imagine the rest of my life without her?

3 Likes

My heart goes out to you :broken_heart: I lost my younger sister a week ago to cardiac arrest suddenly and unexpectedly she wasnt poorly had no ill health and had simply gone to the shops after a normal day …She was living with me about to get the keys to her new house . She came back from the shops feeling bit breathless and chest pain and though i rang for an ambulance within minuetes she went into cardiac arrest . My husband and me had to perform CPR on her until help arrived . Though they did all they could she died. I know how you feel I promise you as I was so close to my sister too. I am in total shock and distraught cant accept shes gone . Hope someone on here can help us both . I am having panic attacks too…

2 Likes

Hi @Maybenotok ,

I’m Kate, part of the Sue Ryder Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling.

I’m so sorry to hear about your big sister. So many of our Online Community members will understand some of what you are going through and will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

• Our Grief Guide self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief

• Our Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS

• Our Bereavement Information pages can walk you through what you are experiencing

I hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know you are not alone.

Take care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Bereavement Community team

Im so sorry for your tragic loss , its early days and you have reached out , this is good . Loosing a sibling feels like loosing a part of yourself , a huge part. Im 6 months in after loosing my brother. He had depression but died suddenly and unexpectedly . He just collapsed we believe alone at home . Try and be around others a lot it helps prevent getting in a dark hole .

1 Like

Im sending you lots of love and prayers and may god help you to cope . I know your pain bless you :pray: xxx

Oh Lolaberry :broken_heart: god bless you how devastating and heartbreaking :broken_heart: I am praying for strebgth for you too and thanks so much for your love and support :pray: xxx

I am so sorry for your loss, I can only try to imagine what you are going through. Sisters are the besties you have from birth. Your feelings are justified, loss brings out physical and mental pain that you didn’t know exsisted any you can’t imagine moving forward, but in time it does get just a tiny bit better, I am not saying that you will get over it but that in time you will find ways to deal with it. It is really important to keep talking and post on here as much as you need. This is a wonderful community I have just found and everyone is so supportive and helpful. We have/are suffering with some kind of grief. Sometimes it helps to talk with people who knew them and share stories, keeping their memory alive. Not easy to do at times but can help.