I don’t know where to start…

I lost my mum on 15th August. My parents were on a flight from Australia to London when she suddenly collapsed mid flight with the plane being diverted to a country in Europe. Turns out she had a pulmonary embolism which resulted in a cranium hernia and subsequent bleed, role on a week and she was gone. She was only 62, due to covid I hadn’t seen her for 3 years, she was coming over to spend the summer with my two girls and finally meet my son. Now I don’t know where to start with processing anything!!!

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum @Stacey1. I can imagine your whole family must be reeling from this, and I hope you may be able to talk with and comfort each other.

Do you have access to any kind of bereavement counselling or support? The Sue Ryder site offers some I believe, as well as tools and information that may be useful. Don’t know if this will work but here are couple of links copied from another part of their site.

Online Bereavement Counselling Service

If you have any questions about our Online Bereavement Counselling Serviceor require further information about registering, please get in touch with our counselling team at online.counselling@suerydercare.org.

Holding you all in my thoughts and sending love and hugs xx

1 Like