I don't even know where to start

My dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer on the same day the teaching course I was on told me they did not have the budget to keep me on. My dad died 10 weeks later and I used my savings to help my parents during those 10 weeks and for the funeral. There are still ongoing issues and complaints trying to sort out all the financial things for my Mam and sister. There is now tension between myself and my Mam (she doesn’t understand why I’m so upset when she lost her husband and I only lost my dad…) whenever I try and talk about how I feel all I get is ‘your not the only one’ or ‘how do you think we feel’ for the last 2 weeks I’ve started having health issue and I think it’s because I’m so stressed. It’s a week before Christmas and for the first time in my life I’m dreading it!

Hi Tuscany06 I am sorry to hear of your sad news Without fear of saying the wrong thing I am surprised that your mother has said he was only your dad. You were part of him flesh and blood although naturally she is very sad and upset she isnt actually flesh and blood so its natural you will feel that way also. She probably doesnt mean it the way she says she has lost her husband and soul mate so together I am sure you’ll work it through-do you have an auntie or someone who can see both sides. Good luck