I don't know how

My fiancé Steve passed away almost 6 weeks ago from a cardiac arrest, he ws only 52. We were together 3 and half years but we’d known each other over 25 years and I’d loved him all those years. I feel so numb, I don’t think the grief has really hit me yet. I miss him so much! I find myself staying up late because I can’t face going to sleep without him.
Hw worked away a lot and I find myself picking up my phone to text him that I love him and then realise he’s not here. I’m totally heartbroken and don’t know how to cope.

2 Likes

Hi I’m sorry for your loss, it’s coming up to eight weeks for me and I still can’t believe he’s not coming home, like you I have moments where I think he’ll be home soon or I wonder if he’s text me and I reach for my phone and then remember, I ask myself how can I have lived eight weeks without him after forty three years of being together, life is so cruel because however bad it gets we just have to find a way through any way we can, I have found grief poetry, enya and Tom ( if tomorrow starts without me ) all help especially in the early hours because it’s all so desperately sad, anything to find some peace and distraction, we’re all on the same hard road and I find comfort writing on here that I can see I am not on my own, and that I’m not going crazy, sending love and hugs

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. So sorry for your loss, it all just feels so unfair doesn’t it. I will definitely check out the grief poetry, thank you. Sending you love and strength xx

1 Like

You have joined this horrendous club where you are grieving ,numb,don’t know how to cope,we are all in this together,it is horrible when you lose your partner,Lost my Judith 4 weeks ago today from cancer,she was beautiful,my world ,my everything and now I have nothing.My life in ruins as yours probably is right now,you cannot eat cannot sleep,feel sick all the time,it is truly a living nightmare.Michael

1 Like