I feel broken

I just can’t cope with life anymore, I’ve lost my dad my friends don’t want to know, my family is all in grief and can’t cope with me, I lost my partner last year also, I just can’t cope with life and go to bed every night not wanting to wake up

Hello Brokengirl,

I’m very sorry to hear that you’ve lost your dad on top of losing your partner last year. This must be such a difficult time for you and it’s understandable that you’re feeling you cannot cope. It sounds like you don’t really have anyone to talk to at the moment about how you’re feeling, is that right? Many members of this community have talked about how difficult it can be to talk to friends, who may not know what to say, or family when they’re also grieving - you’re not alone in this and please know you can talk to us here as much as you need.

I’m worried that you are feeling that you go to bed and don’t want to wake up again. It’s normal to have these thoughts, but it sounds as though these may be quite overwhelming for you. It’s important to reach out for support and joining this community is such a good first step. If you need to talk to someone the Samaritans are always there 24/7 on 116 123 or you could make an appointment to see your GP.

Take care of yourself and keep talking to us if it helps.

Eleanor

Hi. Brokengirl. I think we all go through this initial stage. Now I am not minimising your pain or your loss. We all know here, God, don’t we just. You have had double trouble losing two people so close to you.
You do find out who your friends are that’s for sure! Is there no one you can talk to and open up your emotions?
You sure have come to the right place if you want to talk. Everyone on here knows how you feel. Life is precious and we should treasure it as much as we can. For you at this moment that may seem irrelevant and mean nothing. But it’s true.
Would your partner or your dad want you to be miserable? Grief like life is a process we need go through. But please don’t try and ‘go it alone’. There are folk on here who can help, and counselling can be so helpful.too.
I’m not ‘jollying you along’, no way. Pain needs to be faced and accepted. This at the moment is the dark side of life for you. But we live in a world of opposites. Where there is darkness there must be light. It’s there but obscured by so much pain and grief. Try to get some outside help if your family can’t cope.
Take care and Bless you.