I feel so lost

It was my husband’s funeral on Wednesday and only 25 days since he died
When does it get any easier

2 Likes

Hello @PippaJane,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you have recently joined the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi, it doesn’t but it changes in intensity. I’m 10 months today. I don’t come on here often now as my needs are changing.

Theres no easy way forward. The reality is it hurts and life as you know it has changed significantly.

It’s hard to put into words, how all this grief changes everything. But it doesn’t mean life is over, it’s just different. The beginning is raw and seems to eat into every minute of the day but it does ease. There is an element of what you put into it, to help yourself.

I miss my old life and I miss my man every second of every day but my new life is worth living, now. It hasn’t been easy and many tears still fall but it’s not all consuming and the pain subsides and eases.

This site has been a godsend and really has been a lifeline but now I don’t need it as much now. I have made many new friends through this site and we now communicate in other ways.

So keep reaching out, it does get better. Just remember that we are all different and on different journeys. Do what’s right for you. Take care.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your words of advice
My husband was 20 years older than me but we were married for 32 years.
I cared for him for the last five years through ill health and thought I was prepared for this. The grief has hit me so hard everything is just such a shock

I don’t think anyone can prepare for this. Its one of those things you have to go through to understand and appreciate.

It’s the most devastating thing you will experience and it will be hard but it does get better.