I HATE VALENTINES DAY

Watching everyone with there cards and flowers is just sole destroying.
Its not there fault and i dont hate them i just hate the day.
Its just so hard today. Thinking about tomorrow im just so sad just so unhappy…

7 Likes

HiFred123
Special days are never easy.I have just lost my mam and I am dreading mother’s day soon.Myvson wants to book an afternoon tea for me but I don’t want to celebrate without my mam.I just wouldn’t enjoy the day .The thought of seeing other families altogether would make me burst into tears.Instead I am going for a walk on the beach as she loved the beach even though she couldn’t walk very far. A picnic in the car will be lovely this year.
Try to do something else tom if you can Did you have a few favourite places that you used to go to. Away from people so if you cry so be it.How about planting a rose in the garden or a pot so you have something that grows every year.There are so many roses available and tom could be the day you go and buy one That would be lovely
Thinking of you
Deborah x

2 Likes

Im the same dreading tom. Me and Bri started going out 14th feb 1998. Im going to buy and plant a rosebush in our garden tom. Bri always sent roses to my placx of work every valentines day then had a curry for tea.
A nice walk with the dog by the beach then home to hideaway from all the lovey dovey couples
Love anx hugs

1 Like

Feeling very emotional today, didn’t realise I would feel this bad. We didn’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day ( too commercial and expensive) But it’s only been 7 weeks so I suppose to be expected

2 Likes

Hi @Ria1. I’m so very sorry for your loss. Seven weeks is very early days so being emotional is to be expected. Grief is a very personal thing and there are no rules, no time lines. The only rule is ‘look after yourself’. It’s 3 months since I lost my husband of 37 years but sometimes it feels like it was yesterday. I cry at the drop of a hat. There’s nothing I can say to make you feel better but we are all here for you to rant as much as you need to. We all know exactly how you feel. I’ve found this group to be extremely helpful just knowing I’m not on my own though it’s sad that so many people are grieving. I hope you have plenty of support around you at this horrible time. Love and cuddles to you. Jean xx.

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. I seem to cry every time someone says ‘sorry for your loss’ or as you said at a drop of a hat. I’m due back to work in next few days and know I’ll be a mess initially x

1 Like

@Ria1 I lost my partner 2 weeks ago was my birthday a few days later his birthday Monday valentines Tue and our 2 year engagement (even tho I had taken the ring off last year due to his alcoholism) we were together 15 years this was our first birthday not together and 1st valentine day he was such a gentle soul though I understand your pain it’s to much to bear isn’t it…but we have to I know the pain in your heart the confusion in your brain the hours upon hours of tears and anguish I have only just joined this site and it really helps that people understand because we all know the pain xxx

1 Like