I have lost my motivation

Hi all,
I’m new to this forum so please bare with me :cry:
Myself and my daughter found my mum peacefully sleeping in bed unexpectedly, I just don’t know what to do all I see when I close my eyes is my mums body laying there so cold so so cold my mum was my world she was my everything and just like that she has gone and left me I just can’t get over that she has left me. She wasn’t even old she wasn’t even poorly she was my mum, my beautiful mum isn’t here anymore what on earth am I supposed to do :sob::sob::sob: I just can’t get the image out of my head x thank you for listening :heart:

5 Likes

Hello Mumof3
I am sorry for your loss and I feel your pain. Always listening xxx

1 Like

Hello @Mumof3,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

Hi Mumof3

It’s all very raw at present, but in time you’ll remember your mum as she was and not how you found her.

My mum died of cancer in the local hospice. She was only ill for 3 weeks and the weight just dropped off her. I remember sitting with her the day before she died as she slept and feeling like I was sitting next to a living corpse. Which is an awful way to describe her, but that was honestly what it felt like. Initially I couldn’t get that image out of my mind. But over the coming months it went and I started to remember her full of life and fun as she had been. I found a video of her on her phone wishing her great grandson happy birthday before she got ill and that helped. And in time you will remember your mum as she was. It just takes time. Please be gentle with yourself.

2 Likes

Thank you so much I struggle to watch videos of her just yet x I wish I could have laid with her and said proper goodbyes x

1 Like

Thinking of you :hugs:

2 Likes

Hello Bigsy10
I am so sorry for your loss sending much love xxx

2 Likes

Thank you so much x

1 Like

It’s early days yet. Give yourself time.
Sending love and hugs. Xx

1 Like

Hello Mumof3 , I’m so sorry to hear of your loss.
I lost my mum very suddenly last Christmas.
The initial shock is just horrendous in this situation and I send you lots of love.
I know what you mean about not being able to say goodbye, it’s so so hard xxx

2 Likes

I am so so sorry you lost your beautiful mum. It hurts to your very core. I know, I lost my own gorgeous mum suddenly in April this year. It leaves you feeling empty, hopeless and numb. Clearly your mum and mine had something in common, they were beautiful souls who have let us daughters in pieces,unsure how to navigate our present and unable to see a happy future. But for our kids we have to be kind to ourselves and give ourselves time to heal. Time to just be. Time where we only have the responsibility of looking after our hearts and minds. Hard to find. Take time out to heal. X

3 Likes

Thank you that is exactly what I feel like x sending lots of love to you x

2 Likes