I just don't know.

I joined this site a very long time ago, but I never posted anything ( Because I just couldn’t bring myself to do it ) and then a friend reminded me of this place when she said it is helping her through her grief. It has been nearly 16 months since I lost my partner of 26 years to Cancer. She was the reason I got up every morning. But now it’s my 2 dogs and a s*** job. But this is still only half of the story of my life at the moment. I know people keep telling me it will get better but I just can’t see it. :broken_heart:

9 Likes

Hello @Ady1,

I’m glad that you have reached out - I really hope you find the community to be a support to you. I’m so sorry to hear about your partner.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share these links with you to help you with your grief.

You might already be familiar with our other Online Bereavement Support services, but if not, you can find out more about our Online Counselling service, our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self-help tools by visiting the link.

Take care - you are not alone.

Seaneen

Hi @Ady1 im 16 months into this journey too … its so hard i know. Many ups and downs and this site has helped me so much when you know its not just you who is finding it hard. We lost our anchor, our reason to get up in the morning. That’s hard for any human. So dont be too hard on yourself and keep posting on here xxx

1 Like

Hi, Life seems meaningless now, I see a few friends sometimes. Can’t understand why I feel positive one day and two days later feel consumed by sadness

2 Likes

The rollercoaster of grief ;( xxx

1 Like

Hi @Ady1
I am in the Midlands too so we have 2 things in common. The grief being the 2nd, I am 13mths on this awful journey and nobody can tell you it will get better that is personal and down to you, we all grieve differently and there is no timescale. You do however reach a point where you feel a need to reach out to others so well done for taking that step. The best advice I can give is to take every day as it comes and just be in the present moment. This allows time for you to build up the strength to cope with all the other things grief surrounds us with. You are not alone on here as we have all been where you are at one stage or another

1 Like

11 months here don’t know how I made it that far. I find this site can be really beneficial and helpful one day but quite sad and depressing at how many of us there is on another day depends on my mood :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

You are not alone in your journey,it is 3 months since i lost my husband to terminal cancer, we were together 25 years. This place will help you through your grief .Think about all the good memories you shared together that is what i try to do .

Sorry for your loss I lost my partner to brain cancer 4 and a half months ago. Life will never be the same again but I’m back to work which has helped. I just take one day at a time and if I need to cry I do. I hope things get a little easier in the future

I know, had an ok morning yesterday but now right back down x

1 Like

Yeh its like that … its a flipping rollercoaster … up and then down again xxx

1 Like