I just miss her so much

One month today since my lovely mum passed. I’ve felt every emotion possible in the last 4 weeks… I feel as if I just want to be able to go away and have some time on my own. I’m lucky enough not to be working just now - But I still don’t want to get up in the morning and have a routine, housework, shopping making dinners etc. I don’t actually care what’s for dinner!!!
I want to to hide away and try and heal. M y mum my best friend has died - How can I just carry on as normal I’ve spent the last 3 years witnessing Parkinson’s disease destroy her… I do feel she is out of the misery that her life had become - But I miss her terribly and my heart aches without her in my life…

I understand how you feel. I’m so sorry you lost your lovely mum to such a horrible disease. It seem unimaginable to think of my life without my mum. It’s 5 weeks since my lovely mum died and my heart is broken. She was my best friend too and the thought of the rest of my life without seeing or speaking to her makes me feel ill and sends waves of anxiety through me. I went back to work this week and had to plant a fake smile on my face and step into real life again. I tried to focus on work, but my mind wondered often to thoughts of my mum and my eyes would well up with tears. By the end of the day I was emotionally and physically exhausted, but I did it.
All we can do is take one day at a time x

1 Like