I just sit here

@penny6 It’s very scary to let go and I feel like I’m going to have a heart attack - my chest hurts so much when I am crying uncontrollably. I think you’re right that there is a sort of calm afterwards. Thank you for sharing- it really helps to read these posts. X

1 Like

I just want to add that being anxious and tense is also normal, I had a feeling of dread and fear for a long time and I also developed shaking hands. I do sometimes get this feeling and the shakes now but it is nowhere near constant like it was before. I am usually worse when i have a bad nights sleep, sometimes I literally do not sleep at all, sometimes i only have about 2 hours but lately I have been managing to actually stay asleep for 5 or 6 hours and that alone makes the world seem a brighter place.

1 Like

Thank you so much Penny. I get shaking hands too. Lasts for a big part of the day .
Mornings are the worst for me I feel nauseous, shaky, can’t sit and read the paper or anything. Constantly on edge.

Redredrobin yes it is a comfort to know that there are others who feel the same way. At first I thought I was having a breakdown of sorts. It’s so frightening to loose control like this.
Thanks for everyone being there

2 Likes

@penny6 yes Im struggling to sleep. I think it makes everything worse. @Woolly i was initially worried that I was having a breakdown but from reading all these posts it sounds like it’s how grief is.
I just can’t see how it will get better because he’s never coming back. X

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m the same sleep evades me and yes it does make one feel as if one is losing one’s sanity because without sleep our brain has no time to repair and prepare us for the day ahead.
I’d recommend naps in the day if possible and taking a good look at our sleep hygiene.
I’m trying to do all the above

3 Likes