I loss my 19 year old daughter 50 days ago

I lost my 19-year-old daughter to a house fire. She was the youngest of my three children. I still can’t believe she’s gone. She’s been gone 50 days today she passed away on a Monday, February 20. I’m still at a loss for words I know she’s with God, but it’s still hard to believe that I had to bury one of my children instead of my children, having to bury me, which is supposed to happen, but that’s not the normal thing anymore I guess more and more people are losing their children at different ages to different things. I’m learning to cope but still haven’t got used to her not being here still feel so weird.

5 Likes

Hello Forever29,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread. I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to try The Compassionate Friends who provide support for families who have lost a child of any age.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

You are not alone, I also lost my 24 years old to cancer a year ago.Its too fresh for you and unfortunately we have to learn to live with the loss

Sorry for your loss