I lost my dad

I lost my dad two months ago,after a very very fast illness, I live in uk from 5 years,but I had the opportunity to stay with my dad in his last weeks and with my family after, but comeback here after this situation that’s really sad. I feeling like is not true, and I’m sad because we don’t had enough time. That’s 3 months I didn’t sleep, when I closed my eyes everything bring me at the only 2 days he passed at the hospice.

I know I have to think he hasn’t been in pain for long, but it’s really hard. My heart is broken :broken_heart:

1 Like

Dear @Anto

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. . There is a useful Grief Guide that contains information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief. When you feel ready, it would be worth having a look at it.

It might be helpful for you to book and appointment with your doctor to let them know how you feel and to see how they can support you. You may wish to consider one to one Counselling. Sue Ryder free online Bereavement Counselling which you may be interested in. It would be worth having a look at it.

Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS. This is helpful for family and friends too.

There is also a blog on Losing a Parent which may be of help and support to you. You can also connect with members here who have been in a similar situation as yourself by using the search bar above.

Please continue to reach out at any time, we are all here for you, you are not alone.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

Dear @Peppers

Thanks a lot for your answer. I’m sure read situations similar at mines that really helpful.

I’m really appreciate what the charity does to help people in this sad moment.

Thanks

Anto

1 Like