I lost my gran

My gran passed away on the 28th of Dec 2017, she was young (54) it was very sudden and unexpected, I found her when she passed and I still can’t cope with the picture of her I get when I close my eyes, we were so close & I miss her so much I don’t know how too deal with it

Hi Zack,

I’m so sorry to hear you lost your beloved Gran in December. It must be very difficult for you as you were both so very close. It’s painful when we lose someone we love and as you say your Gran was really young. I can understand why you’re struggling with the picture of her when you found her, that must have been a tremendous shock for you.

The sense of loss can be really painful and it can feel like we’re unable to deal with it. It is soon for you since your Gran died & I know it feels like the pain will never end. It does lessen with time & we can only take 1 day at a time and go with all the emotions that grief brings.

Do you have anyone close to talk to? When my Mum died I felt incredibly lonely as she was the person I would talk to about anything & everything. I lost my Mum & best friend in one go.

You are doing well & dealing with it as it’s a couple of months on & you’ve also made the decision to reach out to this community. You’re not alone.

Keep talking to us & take care. Trudy x

Hi, Thank you for replying, yeah I’m very close with my mum and my boyfriend I can always speak about things with someone, I try not too think about it although I know I’m just pushing my problems away because I find it really painful too talk about.

Dear Zack,
I am so sorry you have lost your gran. It must be very hard for you. But you are so brave talking about it on this site and your family must be very proud of you.
I am glad you are close to your mum because I am sure that will help you. Try not to bottle things up as it is much better to talk about things and especially about your feelings.
Take care xxx