I lost my husband 4 weeks ago

Oh Julie I’m so so sorry for your loss that was very quick. It’s awful how quickly things can turn for the worse, although I can only imagine how it must have been seeing him deteriorate so quickly in front of your eyes.
From what you said I take it he was active up until the pain started.

My husband was at work when he took unwell at first they thought it was a stroke which we thought was bad but people live with strokes so accepted that. Then hospital rang and told us to stop that medication that it might be inflammation on brain so they monitored for a month but then suggested a biopsy to see what was going on but advised worst case scenario grade1 tumour. Unfortunately it came back grade 4 glioblastoma the most aggressive brain tumour which totally shocked both doctor and ourselves. But even with that news my husband had the mind set he was going to fight it which he did almost to the end. He wanted to be the man to defy the odds. He was only 59. Too young.

Oh bless you both both our husbands were fighters then as mine was determined not to go hospital as I’m sure he thought if he did he wouldn’t come home few days before he had to go in as pain was bad he cut the lawn and hung new blinds in our garden room :broken_heart:

Aw wasn’t that good he did what he could to help you out before he went to hospital it’s so blooming awful that we just can’t have that last conversation with them. We do seem to have had two of a kind. Unfortunately my husband wasn’t able to do much around the house latterly but did a lot in the early days from cutting down trees to helping my youngest strip the interior of his house. The only positive we can take is that they are at peace now albeit far too soon. Take care.

Yes Scot bless them both they are now pain free and at peace. We just have to remember all good times we had with them :heart:

You are right there. My name is Avril I wasn’t sure what to sign in as when I joined. I’m from Scotland. How’s things today? What you been up to? I had a visit from my husbands boss which was lovely but hard speaking about him, so unbelievable. I’m still feeling everything surreal. How are you doing?

Hello Avril I had a meeting with my boss yesterday about going back to my normal hours which is every day 7/2.30 and I just broke down ended tell her everything I’m feeling and I just can’t go back to those hours not yet anyway she was very understanding so I’m keeping to just 3 days a week 8/2. Today I’ve been off did a little bit of gardening. Hope you ok it’s difficult going over things with people❤️

Oh Julie. That must have been hard for you but good your boss is understanding and working with you to try to help you back. Have you been off a while? How to you feel about going back now?

I’ve been off around 7 months as I was off with my husband when he was on his last course of chemo and still off. I’m not sure how when I’ll go back I was almost full time before but will have to look at work now.

Thanks for sharing with me I feel I’ve got someone who gets what’s happening. Thank you so much.

I was off from sept 12th till 4 weeks ago I’m still struggling I can only describe it as once I park car to go in work I feel like I’m going on stage I play the part from 8till 1 and can’t wait to come home. I does help knowing it’s not just me feeling like this and I think it’s a little easier writing it down than actually talking if that makes sense. :heart: maybe do something similar to me and do every other day and less hours to what you feel comfortable with and just build up over time. Take your time there is no time limit on grief. Thank you so much too :heart:

Hi Julie you are one brave lady. That’s a good way to look on it as if you are in a play I might try that once I go back. I also feel once I go back then that’s it life goes back to normal but it’s far from normal if you know what I mean. I totally agree writing it down to someone else in the same situation really helps. It’s true what they say until you’ve been through it yours elf you really don’t know what it feels like. Thank you so much for supporting me and understanding me :heart:

Hi Avril you are more than welcome :heart: we both helping each other which can only be good thing. We won’t ever have our normal we just have to find our new normal which in time I know will come but I just can’t find it yet :heart:

You are so right Julie and that’s what I keep saying it’s a new normal and it is what it is. I talk the talk but know if will take time. Having you now to bounce things off is helping greatly. Have a good day

Good morning Avril we will get there in our own time grief has no time limit you have good day to. As they say one day at a time :heart:

Absolutely :100:. We have no option Julie but we have to carry on for our husbands sakes. They were brave and we can do it for them as well as ourselves.

So sorry to hear your story Julie. Mine is so similar. Trevor had a bit of back pain last summer which he put down to pulling a muscle gardening. When the pain got worse we went to A and E and they found secondary bone cancer throughout his skeleton. He only lived another 10 weeks and died last October. He was only 60 and I miss him every day. Jacky

Hi jacky I’m so so sorry for your loss it’s definitely a lot the same as what my husband went through once he went into hospital I thought they would be able to help but sadly it was to late and the cancer was everywhere he was only in there 4 days sometime I think for him that was a blessing as he didn’t suffer to long but for us who are left behind it’s so hard like you I miss him so much :heart: