I lost my little sister đź’”

My beloved baby sister -
I wish that you could’ve stayed but your body forced you to go :broken_heart:
You were so brave my darling love.
I’m so thankful that I got to kiss your forehead, stroke your hair & hold your hand until the very end…
The love we share will stay in my heart forever!
I’m so grateful for you, for every shared memory, laughter, deep conversations & for the best childhood companion one could’ve wished for. Knowing that we always had each other’s back.
My first full sentence spoken was “Malin är en gullig flicka” (Malin is a cute girl )& from the day you were born I loved you with every fibre of my being! :heart:
As the oldest sibling I took on the role as your protector & fiercely stood up for you when needed. I wish from the bottom of my heart that I could’ve protected you from this horrible decease called cancer that took you away far too early from this earth but sadly that wasn’t possible… But I will love you forever :heart:

I miss her so much - it’s been nearly 2 months since she passed away. I wish there were face to face support groups nearby so one could chat over coffee & share memories of our loved ones but not much of those services offered so here I am… Life still moves on out there & at the same time it’s like carrying a well of a secret passed life inside my heart…

6 Likes

I’m so sorry for the loss of your sister, @Sagah. I can hear the love for her in your beautiful words.

I really hope you find the community to be a support to you. If you did want to look at in person support too, here are some options. I’m not sure whereabouts in London you are, but if you select your location on the AtALoss website here , you can see what is available locally to you. The Compassionate Friends also run support groups for bereaved siblings. You can find out more here.

Please keep reaching out - you are not alone.

Seaneen

1 Like

Thank you so much for your support & the info :heart:

2 Likes

Hi @Sagah I am so sorry for your loss and know and feel the pain you are experiencing. I lost my brother 6 months ago and there is not a day that goes by without me thinking of him or praying for him. Life continues without them here but always in our mind and heart :heart:

2 Likes

Sending lots of love. I also lost my sister about 9 weeks ago and today was her funeral. It’s so hard.

Here if you need a chat, iv found this group helpful in taking about it all xxx

3 Likes

Thank you for your message :heart: it means a lot! I’m so sorry for your loss of your dear sister :cry::broken_heart: It really is such an enormous sadness.
I hope the funeral went as ok as it could go… that it brought loved ones together to show their love & support & that it was a beautiful service even if it’s a very sad day.

Sagah

3 Likes