I lost my loved daughter aged 41

and have had to cope with looking after bereaved grandchildren and their father when I cannot help myself but have had to pretend to cope and be there for them when I feel inside I would rather die.

Dolphin6,

I am so incredibly sorry to hear that you lost your daughter at 41. This must be such a difficult time for you, particularly as it sounds as though you’re supporting your whole family. Is there anyone for you to lean on?

Please know that this community is here for you to turn to. You can share how you feel without judgement and there will be others who have felt and experienced something similar.

Keep talking to us if it helps, and let me know if there’s anything at all that I can do to support you through this.

Take care,
Eleanor

Hello. You’ve come to the right place. This forum has given me so much comfort and understanding, sympathy and empathy since losing my husband. Everyone here will know something of what you’re going through. I am so so sorry for the loss of your daughter. Your grandchildren are very lucky to have you. We all pretend to cope when actually our whole being is screaming inside. I am sending you a big hug and also one for your grandchildren and son in law. Xxxx