I lost my mum

On the 30th of September 2019 I lost my first love my mum . I held her whilst she took her last breath. My mum had Parkinson’s Lewy body dementia and vascular dementia x my dad and me were her main carers as she was bed bound fir 9 months . We did everything for her . It’s nearly a year now and I still feel as heartbroken as the day she left us .

Elise0808,
I’m sorry you lost your Mum. I understand how very heartbreaking and raw if feels. I’m coming up to the 1 year anniversary of the passing of my Mum. I was a long term carer and it still doesn’t feel real.
Take care.

Hello lovely,
I’m so very sorry that you lost your precious Mum :broken_heart::pleading_face: sending heartfelt virtual hugs to you :heart: I too lost my beautiful, amazing, kind, warm, loving Mama 5 months ago :broken_heart: my life will never be the same again, I’m so lost without her and miss her face, her smile, holding her hand, talking to her, her voice…so many things. It will be my mums 88th Birthday on Christmas Day :broken_heart: I have a beautiful 9 year old Daughter to make Christmas special for but I cannot entertain the thought of it!
I feel your pain and you’ve shown that you truly never get over the loss of your Mum :pleading_face: I want to say that I will keep you in my thoughts, grieving is such a lonely place to be :heart: Lots of love xxx

Hi
I’ so sorry you lost your precious mum. My heart goes out to you ,I want to say it will get easier but it hasn’t for me . We had our first Christmas last year without mum only 3 months after her passing .We set her a place at the table for Christmas dinner with a picture a tealight a little plaque a neighbour bought me with a verse “Christmas in heaven” ,and tot of sherry .We placed her next to my dad and we had a toast to her it just eased a little of the pain for that hr. We are so lucky we still have dad I have to think how he must feel .We have lived next door to each other for 25 years its hard in the way I expect to see mum in the kitchen window when I go in my kitchen ,but lovely I can still see dad. I’m trying so hard Im starting a new job Monday to try and be normal but things will never be normal I know that now . I have 4 children 3 grown up my eldest got married 3 weeks ago and I so wanted mum to be there . I know she was in spirit though … hope your little one is ok . My youngest was 14 at the time and I didn’t realise my grief was affecting her , she told one of my other children she heard me crying every night and it upset her … mum wouldn’t want that so I cry silently now or turn the tele on so she can’t hear me … :slight_smile: All my love to you and your family at such a difficult time :heart:

2 Likes

Sorry for all the photographs I only meant to send the one with mums place set at the table x :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

Oh bless :heart: That is such a beautiful thing to do; set a precious place for your mum, I am going to suggest this to my dad (we won’t all be together on Christmas lunchtime as he wants to “get through it himself” ) I was looking (reluctantly) at these beautiful Christmas verses but got upset so closed it off my phone but I know that my mum would want me to honour Christmas for my daughter (which I am going to definitely do despite the pain) we’re all meeting at her graveside on Christmas morning and we’re going to lay flowers and let balloons off for her 88th birthday x
I do worry about my grief hurting my daughter the same way you have described and I tend to end up crying and my daughter had a cry too, throughout the lockdown we’ve all been together to grieve and I’m thankful for that time despite the terrible virus I had my daughter with me to help her through as no counselling was available and she’s ok it’s just at night time when she is in bed and quiet in her thoughts that she cries for her nan.
I’m thankful for these posts on here so we can talk and share our memories and our grief. Thinking of you and thank you for these beautiful photos, they’re truly beautiful :heart: Here is my beautiful, brave mama & I :pleading_face: taken on my Birthday this March xx

Hi
Hope your doing ok … I’ve done it my first year without my mum … The hardest year of my life … my family and friends have helped so much … my heart still aches and 1 day doesn’t make the difference it’s just me kidding myself x I keep telling myself I have to move on I have so much to look forward to with my kids … I miss my mum I want her back but I know I can’t . I’m starting my new job Monday … a job where I hope I can make a difference to other people … and your photo is beautiful … pure love xx :heart:

1 Like