I’m drowning in grief

Yesterday, my mommy passed away. She was always the one I would turn to for comfort and now she’s left me. She would tell me everything was going to be okay, even in the end, she wanted to reassure me and say she would try her best to get better.

I’m so overwhelmed, scared and filled with grief.
I have so many adult responsibilities piling up to take care of, to honor her, picking out her urn and taking care of my 86 year old grandma who I love dearly and I am very worried for as they were very close and lived together to the very end.

I’m not ready for any of this.
I don’t understand how I’m supposed to go on without her. I guess I felt that she was supposed to be there forever.

3 Likes

Please be don’t hard on yourself, your mom wouldn’t like seeing you like this, please be gentle to your heart and mind and cry as much as you can. I am in the same situation where I lost my mom and my grandmom is there whom I take care now. I am still in denial after 6 months but I go to temple and a walk, I work part time and allow myself to recover. I hope you have people around to talk to and you said you loved your grandmom, so be with her, talk to her, cry with her and be strong for her.
Reach out on private message if you want to talk to me, I have never connected on a call with anyone but if you want to talk someday I can try. Just try to compose yourself and ask how you mom would feel seeing you like this. I apologize if you didn’t like anything I said and take your time griefing

Hi @Lolo1233,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mommy. It sounds as though things are very scary at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m sure others will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share these links with you to help you with your grief.

You might already be familiar with our other Online Bereavement Support services, but if not, you can find out more about our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self-help tools by visiting the link.

Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

I hope you find the community a good source of support, but please do also take a look at these services and keep reaching out.

Take good care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Community team

Just hold your self the best is yet to come and everything will be good again

bravo you step in and care for your nan. wherever would she or your mother have been without you there. your mother could pass knowing your were there to help your grandmother. losing parents is awful. I am still missing mine. you can write on this board as much as you need to. we all come here and say what we are feeling.