I’m losing it a bit

Went up the shops for some milk and saw these that Marian loved. I use to buy 3 or 4 packs at a time.

I got home and discovered I bought a pack of them for her (I don’t like them), I miss my beloved so very very much.

I moved our “last” birthday & Valentine’s Day cards off the mantelpiece earlier for some reason, trying move on a little? Think I’m trying to run before I can crawl.

Putting them back, when/if they cause undue sadness they will go. I need them back right now!

I need to sit down, relax with a cup of tea and be grateful for the nearly 55 years we had together. Typing it is easy, so very hard to actually do.

Kind regards, john (and marian) :pray:t2:

image|375x500

5 Likes

Hi . I think we have all lost it a little . Or big bit . I think it’s fog brain . Of course the habits of a lifetime won’t stop suddenly after our partners died . If you need to keep cards up , that is not a problem .it’s not hurting anyone , except you . But obviously they are giving you some comfort as well . It’s 14 months since my husband died . I still have all his things as he left them . His tatty gardening trainers are on our bedroom floor . I can’t bring myself to move them .but I know if he was here I would be nagging him to get them moved . IF ONLY . xtake carex

7 Likes

Hi jomar, my husband died December 30th 2021 & I still have all his In Sympathy cards above the fireplace. There’s over 50 of them & I just can’t bring myself to remove them. I move towards them & think, “No, not yet”!! So your not on your own, it’s nearly a year for me now & im still with my feet stuck like superglue (metaphorically, of course) to the ground. I just can’t think of venturing forward, after 60 years together I just don’t know myself anymore x

2 Likes