I’m not coping

Hi , I am suffering ill health and depression and anxiety . I have had several immediate family losses last one being only three weeks ago . Unexpected , young so shocking . I was already rock bottom and in a big black hole. I’m just lost . I can’t seem to find my way out of this hole . I’m on medication and iv gained so much weight and I have social anxiety so avoid leaving my home . I can’t see the point in anything , I’m also an empath that soaks up others problem and I’m sick of myself and what I have become . I have fibromyalgia and diabetes type 2 . I am an only child and my beloved mum and I were so close . I was with her thru out her decline ,The final stage was traumatic for me as I had been advised by home hospice that final stage had not begun … but they were wrong . So I had been left alone overnight with my head spinning as to what I was hearing, which was the death rattle and I thought it was Covid . I did have access to the district nurse overnight they came round jabbed Mum then said ring back if breathing doesn’t improve ,then left me alone again . i rang back , they returned and then it was right this is happening and fast and I made sure Mum had maximum drugs and she passed peacefully .Other family members had been with me and Mum by this stage . I had been grieving my dad he was found dead in bed , and then mum , then my husband whom I was separated from , still a shock . Then a young relative suddenly and unexpected three weeks ago . I honestly can’t take much more .

3 Likes

Hello @Sandy007.

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing your story with us. You’ve had so much grief and loss, it’s completely understandable you’re feeling as though you can’t take much more.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You’ve mentioned that you’re feeling depressed and anxious. If you haven’t already, please do consider making an appointment with your GP to tell them how you are feeling.

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

• Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

Hi @Sandy007

Sorry to hear about your losses :heart:

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Grief is a real dark place.

Keep reaching out on this group for support. I cannot offer much as it’s only week 5 for me but I understand how you are feeling.

Sending love and hugs :hugs:

1 Like

We hear your pain and I am so sorry for all your losses.
So many must be hard to process and deal with.
Keep posting here - the community shares your pain and grief and we can be here to support you.
Try look after yourself as much as you can and just take it minute by minute.
Sending a big hug and strength xx

1 Like

Hi @Sandy007

I’m just checking in to see how you are doing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I know exactly how you feel. Yesterday I reach the feeling I can’t cope anymore but I try to remember what my mum used to say. God only gives you as much as you can hope around the corner so please Don’t give up on, Mum’s wouldn’t want to I don’t know about you I’m sure my mum Before my time Not to mention, leaving my dad alone

1 Like