I’m not sure if I can cope

This is all really new,my mum passed away yesterday,I have never been on my own before,we were so close,we lived together and did everything together,and I just feel so lost and lonely,and I’m not sure I can cope with life on my own.I’m desperately lonely and I have no idea what I’m going to do,is there anyone who could reassure me this pain will ease because I don’t see any point in living anymore

2 Likes

Dear @Bookwork

I am so sorry for your loss. Have you got family and friends that can support you or stay with you?

It would be good for you to book an appointment with your GP for support and referral for Counselling and to see if there are support groups in your local area.

Your life has suddenly changed and the emptiness will be painful but in time it will ease. Your mum would want you to continue to live your life and you must for her. You are at the very start of the grieving process, it is very raw right now.

With the way you are feeling at the moment, you might wish to consider speaking to the Samaritans for free on 116 123. They are available 24/7.

You can also connect to members here who have experienced what you are going through under the topic Losing a Parent.

Please do not feel you are alone and keep reaching out. Take care.

1 Like

@Peppers I have family,but they don’t live round where we live,they phone and text but I need human interaction,my friend is supportive but cannot stay with me due to family commitments.
I have tried my go they won’t help yet as it’s too recent,so I will phone them back.

My mum would want me to carry on,but she knew I’m not that strong and I just feel I have nothing to carry on for,my mum was my life,everything I did was for her.I just want to be with my mum.

Thank you for the phone number,members on here have been really kind
Amanda x

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss. I lost my mum in December last year and like you I was very close with my mum we lived together and did a lot together. It’s not easy I know even now it feels sureal that I’ve lost my mum but all you can do is one day at a time like what I’m doing. I also felt like you how I am going to cope and somehow I’ve done 8 weeks I didn’t think I would last 8 seconds but I have and you will too it won’t be easy as people keep telling me your stronger than you think. Like you my family live away from me I’ve just come back from visiting them. Have you thought about going to see them for a little bit? Feel free to message if you want to chat

2 Likes

Thank you so much,I am sorry for your loss too.I just don’t see the point in anything anymore.My family seem to
Only want me to text,thank you so much for replying

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss.It is still early days for you.Things will start to get easier but you just have to go through it unfortunately which is really unfair I know.Time doesn’t heal but it helps.I was so lost when I lost my mum last February but I started to appreciate the little things in life and how precious time is.Your life can change in an instant and you don’t see it coming.The first few months I was numb and then I just couldn’t stop crying but it was after my birthday last June I started to laugh again.My birthday was the worst day of the year because me my mum and my son would do something on the weekend before my birthday.I was in a dark place but there is light but it just takes time to find it again x

1 Like

Hi , I lost my mum a few months ago i also lived with her and cared for her before she passed away . I have good days and bad days people say it gets easier with time which i hope it does .

We were really close and i feel lost without her so i do understand how you feel i’m trying to take each day one at a time it’s really hard as we had a business together which was her dream to have a shop but she only got to be in the shop for a week before she was too ill it breaks my heart that she couldn’t see the shop and i feel guilty i had to close it .

But i think it’s really important to remember your mum loved you your life matters and i know it’s really hard right now but be kind to yourself and send me a message anytime i hope this helps a bit.

2 Likes

Thank you so much ,I am still struggling,but I’m trying to take one day at a time x

Thank you so much,I am struggling still but trying to keep
Myself busy so I don’t have time to
Think,mums cremation is Tuesday,so not looking forward to that one bit.I am so sorry for your loss also,having a business with your mum and having close must have been so hard xx

1 Like

Just thought i would send a message check how you are doing today ? . If you need to chat please feel free to respond .

1 Like

I lost my mom suddenly and unexpectedly two weeks ago. She was only 58. I can relate to each and every word you have said. I don’t have any will to live and want to go to my mom. I am broken.

I am in this “group” too … an only child having a hard time without my mother, father.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I know it is so hard. I understand about not wanting to be here. I really get it. All I can say is give it a go without her. Get counseling. You see, she would hate it if you did not go on with life because she wanted you to enjoy life as she did. They would hate it if anything happened to you.

1 Like