I miss my husband so much šŸ’”

knn1978 Mark was also cremated and we have him at home. I often talk out loud to him. We were also very much a team at home with housework and children. It helps to hear Im not the only one feeling this way but I wish none of us had to go through this at all xxx

1 Like

so sorry for your lost i lost my husband to cancer in oct 2022 and the pain is unbearble i can not eat or sleep and find every day things hard to do hate going out and being around other people

3 Likes

Hi Sue11

So sorry for the loss of your husband. You are not alone here. I have taken much comfort in reading the msgs. Everyone understands what you are going through :heart:

3 Likes

Hi Sue so sorry for your loss of your husband,my husband passed away 24th October. We know how youā€™re feeling :heart: this group has really given me support.
Just remember one day at a time sending hugs your way xx

2 Likes

Hi everyone

I just want to ask does any else get that sick feeling in the mornings? Eating breakfast has been impossible I just have a couple of biscuits now.

Also has anyone gone back to work yet? If so how was it?

Much love :heart:

1 Like

Hi @Angiesuggs. Iā€™m so sorry for your loss. I used to get the sick feeling every morning and in the early days it lasted all day. Itā€™s anxiety and all part of the grieving process. I lost my husband 9 weeks ago and I have to admit it has gone now. At the time it was horrific. It prevented me from doing the simplest of tasks. Itā€™s like being constantly nervous. I donā€™t work as Iā€™m retired but we did run a hedgehog rescue and I havenā€™t started that up again yet xx.

2 Likes

I get the sick feeling every morning but I have to eat for my sugar levels learnt that very quickly after
I have gone back to work and I have just asked everyone to treat me normally as if nothing has happened and I find work my safe place now
I changed job for personal reasons so new start in 2023 did a few ofd days before and now full time here
I find it really helps I get moments but at work you have to pull yourself together
I would say get back to work and get a routine in place but baby steps is all you can do
I lost my soulmate best friend and the love of my life 15th August hardest thing I have ever had to do was say goodbye
I tell myself one day my husband and I will be together again xxx

1 Like

Hi Jean and Annmarie

I thank you so much for your response. Itā€™s only been 2 weeks for me so taking each day as it comes. I am glad the sick feeling is normal. It does ease by evening and I can have some food as I feel hungry.

How long were you off work Annmarie? I have bereavement leave at the moment but the funeral hasnā€™t been due to Christmas and New Year. Not sure how I will get through that :disappointed_relieved:

Just managed to empty a cab of pop that my husband started before he passed. Not been able to do that before

With love :heart:

1 Like

Morning all yes that sick feeling is awful :persevere: my whole eating pattern is all over the place.
I donā€™t work due to ill health Paul was the bread winner and dealt with everything. Iā€™ve had to learn pretty quickly but Iā€™m slowly getting there.
My son has recently gone back to work and they have been really understanding.
I donā€™t think anyone can put a timescale on when to go back to work etc everyone is different itā€™s only right when you feel you can do it.
One day at a time xx

Thank you its so nice to talk to someone who understands how painful it is to lose your husband he was not only my husband he was also my best friend and i looked after him untill the end we did every thing together

1 Like

I have my Husbands ashes at home and talk to him every day and when i go to bed i always say to him night love you

1 Like

Everyone is so understanding and compassionate on this group. I went to a friends for lunch. Wasnā€™t sure I could eat but I did eat a little bit which was good. We laughed and cried and remembered my husband. I think I needed that.

Sometimes you just need to talk to someone who knows exactly what you are going through. :heart:

4 Likes

Angiesuggs

I wasnā€™t very lucky my boss wasnā€™t nice my husband passes on Monday and I was made to go back on Wednesday just a few hours per day.
I had two days off for the funeral on both times
I have now left the place and started a new job, as I found it really hard.
Work never spoke about my husband and everyone treated me normal as if it didnā€™t happen

I do find work helps x

2 Likes

Its been 6 weeks since I lost my husband and I still have that anxiety sickness every day. I also havenā€™t gone back to work yet. I get through each day looking after our children things such as work I donā€™t have any care or interest in since I lost my Mark. I know its something I need to do at some point but I donā€™t feel ready yet

2 Likes

Youā€™re know when the time is right. At the moment just concentrate on your children and yourself. Mark was a huge part of your lives so you take as much time as you need xx

1 Like

Thatā€™s shocking Annmarie and it was best you left. You do not need that negativity after losing your husband and best friend.

Donna you look after this children as they need you more. It must be so hard for them too

I am going to have memory bears made for myself and my daughter from my husbands favourite T-shirts.

I hope everyone got through today as best they could :heart:

2 Likes

Memory bears is a lovely idea :heart: I was thinking of cushions and a blanket.
I keep looking at his wardrobe I canā€™t bring myself to go through it just yet xx

We can send to like to go to Rock concerts and he has a T-shirt from each concert. I have kept all of them in a bag. I canā€™t go through them yet as just not able to as they bring back too many memories

He has enough for cushions and blankets I think. At least when is see a bit of the T-shirt I will remember the happy times we had at the concert.

We had tickets booked for a concert in July and an overnight stay. I am hoping that our daughter will come with me in his memory :heart:

1 Like

Angiesuggs

It is still very hard my husband was my world and my daughter was a real daddyā€™s girl but work has helped me it made me get out of bed and do things helped our daughter Weekends are so hard as I have no work and it was family time
You have to do what is right for you but i say baby steps and take each moment at a time x

1 Like