I miss my husband so much šŸ’”

I lost my husband 7 weeks ago I feel totally lost. He was only diagnosed with cancer 6 weeks before he died. He was only 46. How is he not here? I feel totally broken. I honestly donā€™t know how Iā€™ve survived these 7 weeks itā€™s literally just feels like a blur.I miss him so much :cry:

7 Likes

Hi Knn1978, I am so sorry that your husband has died and at such a young age. Itā€™s no wonder you feel the way you do. I hope you have family and friends that you can reach out to as you will need a lot of support to help you through. I can relate to you missing your husband as my husband died ten months ago. I miss him every minute of every day. Take care.X

3 Likes

Thankyou for your reply.
Iā€™m sorry about your husband too.
Itā€™s so hard isnā€™t it? I do have a good support network I also have my children so weā€™ve been there for each other.
I hope youā€™re surrounded with support also.
Take care xx

Iā€™m so sorry for your loss , I am in the same place you are 7 weeks ago I lost my partner . In July he was a happy healthy man and we were climbing mountains . He felt
Unwell and was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer, he passed away in October . Itā€™s incomprehensible , sometimes it doesnā€™t seem real but the pain is horrendous . I lost my mum two weeks before he died too . I donā€™t how we survive but we do xx

2 Likes

Iā€™m so so sorry to you also,loosing your partner and your mother in a matter of weeks is just heartbreaking. I lost my mom a few years ago.
This group makes me realise Iā€™m not on my own. I do have family & friends supporting me but sometimes I feel they donā€™t understand the pain Iā€™m in.
Sending you strength :heart: take care xx

1 Like

I lost my husband 12weeks ago he was fine the day before took ill suddenly and passed away few hours later .I feel like itā€™s a nightmare and itā€™s torture . Keep asking why him why did it happen to us why canā€™t life be like it was ?
Itā€™s so hard to endure this pain grief etc
I am putting brave face on at times but really canā€™t be bothered with anything.
I thank god I was last person he spoke to as distressing as it is now to think about .
Friends supportive but find that they all busy making preparations for Christmas .
Canā€™t wait for it to be over

4 Likes

Hi Ferne Iā€™m so sorry for you tragic loss. If your the same as myself itā€™s constant questions going on it your head why? How? what do I do now?
And the fact that the world keeps going yet ours have come to a standstill is very hard to understand :disappointed:
Iā€™m wishing this Christmas away. Paul was originally given months so we had planned to have the best Christmas especially for the kids and then he took bad.
So Christmas feels even more upsetting than ever before.
Take care xx

@Knn1978
My heart goes out to you and Iā€™m so sorry for the loss of your beloved husband. Your situation sounds very similar to mine. My husband passed on 11th January 2022. He was diagnosed with bowel cancer, he passed away 6 weeks from being diagnosed. Even though youā€™re told itā€™s terminal you donā€™t think itā€™s going to be that quick. Itā€™s good to have a supportive family. Mine are very supportive but I sometimes feel itā€™s hard to talk to them as I donā€™t want to cause further upset. So I come on here and let it all out. It does help. My heartfelt thoughts and best wishes are with you at this horrendous time. X
Big hugs

2 Likes

Sorry Karen69 Iā€™ve only just seen this. Thankyou for your message. Iā€™m sorry for your loss also.
I think when your told itā€™s terminal you just canā€™t believe it and try and believe you have more time :cry:
Christmas has been hard as Iā€™m sure you feel the same. Take care xx

Hi im so sorry for your loss my story is so similar to yours my very fit and active husband was diagnosed on the 19th September this year and died 10 weeks later on 2nd December i still wait for him coming to bed go to see if he wants a coffee etc etc. And then when it hits me im never going to see him again ive never experienced pain like it and it get worse and worse every day :sob: i just cant get my head round it and im absolutely terrified for the day when it finally sinks in :broken_heart::broken_heart:

4 Likes

@Amanda111 i really do know how you feel when you say the realisation that youā€™re not going to see him again is horrific. Itā€™s like being hit in the stomach with a sledgehammer - indescribable pain. Iā€™m so terribly sorry for your loss. My husband and I had plans for the very day I lost him, it was that sudden. I also worry that it hasnā€™t quite sunk in properly yet and if it gets any worse than this, I donā€™t think I can handle it. Big cuddle to you. Jean.

3 Likes

I lost my hysband too on tge 1st December and the funeral wasnā€™t until the 28th jyst in limbo lkke someone pressed pause. Pancreatic cancer his family are grieving too but they all have oartners and i feel they wont teally underdrand until they go through the same loss. Hojng back to work today or gojng to try anyway. Hoox to jnow there ard people tgat do feel thd same sense of loss.

Hi I am so sorry for your loss. My husband was diagnosed with bowel cancer in June he was 49 I am 43. He died on 30th November. We knew it was terminal but we thought we had more time. He was receiving chemotherapy which was working right up until October. We were told on the Sunday it was no longer working and he passed away on the Wednesday. We were together 24 years. We have 3 children aged 19, 13 and 12. They are the only reason I get up each day and being a mam is the only way I can cope. I am so sad, I miss him so much the pain is so intense and at times unbearable. There isnā€™t a day since I lost him that I havenā€™t cried. I feel stuck as everything moves on around me. I just want him back and it is the knowing hes not coming back, or that I donā€™t get to hear him say I love you or hug him or kiss him or see him that I just canā€™t cope with right now. Im crying writing this as Iā€™m just so hurt and lost without him :broken_heart:

4 Likes

Hi Donna Iā€™m so sorry about your husband :disappointed: we live in a very cruel world. I know your pain and some days it becomes so intense doesnā€™t it. My children are 19&13 and definitely keep me going. I feel I canā€™t break because if I do what about them? I cry daily too :cry:
Paul and I were together 29 years so not far off how long you was with your husband. If Iā€™m honest I wake up every morning with the feeling of dread :worried: I honestly donā€™t know how Iā€™m doing it. Do you have a good support network? I have a few friends but people tend to dwindle off after the funeral I find. I do try to keep myself busy I find when I stop I think more and then itā€™s just a vicious circle. I wish I had some words of comfort for you Donna. Feel free to message as often as you like. Take care xx

2 Likes

Hi Everyone

I have been reading through the thread on here and my heart is breaking. I lost my husband 2 weeks ago, suddenly. I miss him so much. We had been married 32 years and I though we had plenty more time left together. I still think he is going to come downstairs any minute.

With love :heart:

3 Likes

Hi Angie Iā€™m so so sorry for your loss :cry: if your anything like myself itā€™s just total disbelief isnā€™t it. Our homes are full of reminders and everyday items that they should still be here.
Itā€™s been 11 weeks now since my husband died and I feel even more lost now. Everyday is a battle Iā€™m just taking every hour at a time. Sending hugs to you xx

2 Likes

Hi Knn1978

I keep looking up to the garage to see if he is coming down. That was his man cave :disappointed:. So glad I found this group. I donā€™t feel alone now. My friends mean well by asking ā€œhow has your day beenā€ but they donā€™t know how I feel. Thank you for your reply and sending much love :heart:

2 Likes

Hi Knn1978 I have a close family network and a handful of friends I can turn to. I find it hard to go to bed without being able to say good night and I love you and hearing it back and I also know waking up is just another day without him so I understand the feeling of dread on a morning. Im just heartbroken and so so sad it is intense and I physically feel the pain. My children definitely get me through the day as I too feel like they need me more than ever right now and feel protective of them being hurt anymore than they are now. It just feels at the minute that its never not going to hurt this much and Iā€™m never not going to be this sad and broken :sleepy::broken_heart:. He was my bestfriend and soulmate and I just donā€™t know how Iā€™m going to do this without him. I said to a friend I donā€™t think I can cope and do things without him and she said but you are doing it one day at a time. I guess shes right and my children are the biggest reason for that. Thank you for replying and I hope you have had the best day you can right now and I am so sorry you are going through this pain xxx

2 Likes

This group is great as much as I hate others going through this pain on the other hand I know you all understand how we feel. My friends ask me the same and if Iā€™m honest I just say fine sometimes itā€™s just easier as I donā€™t like to burden others with my problems. xx

2 Likes

Yes I totally understand Donna.
Paul wanted to be cremated so his ashes are at home with us as he requested it does give me comfort I just sit and talk away to him. Myself and my daughter have got jewellery with some of his ashes so heā€™s always with us.
I honestly donā€™t know how Iā€™ve coped Paul was very hands on and did so much.
I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever get over this I feel so lost without him.
We are doing it and I truly believe our husbands would be so proud of us xx

2 Likes