I miss my sisters

I’m the youngest of three girls and my oldest sister was killed just before I was born in a car accident at 8, my middle sister died 4 years ago from breast cancer. We were so close and I feel like half of me is missing without her.

I’m 45 and married with two young children that I adore. I have a good job and I’m successful at work, probably due to working too much to try and block out the pain. But I have this sadness and anger in me every moment of the day that sometimes I can mask. It feels like everyone has moved on and is continuing a life like she never existed. I want to talk about my sister but people get awkward and change the subject.

She’s the first person I want to call to tell her something the kids have done or to ask her advice. We used to talk for hours and just laugh until we couldn’t breathe. But it’s gone and it was just ripped away. I miss her so much and feel like I can never recover from this. I’m so tired of crying.

2 Likes

Hello @Jodi,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your sisters that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

I completely understand how you feel. My big sister died 8 weeks ago tomorrow and my world fell apart. We had no warning she had a brain haemorrhage at 55 and we had to turn her life support off. I’m 49 and she was my best friend and my rock. We messaged every day and I miss her so much. After her funeral everyone just carried on with their lives but I can’t move on. My heart breaks a bit more every day. Some days are good and I get through some days are horrendous. I’m struggling to live without her I just exist so I really do know how you feel x

1 Like

Oh Catherine, I’m so very sorry for your loss. Losing a sister is just horrific pain it feels like a part of me has died with her. X

1 Like