I still kiss you, just not you

Alan
I still kiss your picture when I miss you too much.
I hold it close, trace your face with my trembling fingers and pretend that just for a moment you’re still here.
I whisper your name into the silence. I replay your voice, your smile, the little moments I once thought would last forever. I cling to every memory because sometimes memories are the only way my heart can still feel close to you.
Then reality reminds me you’re gone, and no picture, no memory, no wish can bring you back.
I’ve learned to live with the emptiness you left behind, but I will never stop missing the person who made my heart feel whole.
I still kiss you, just not you.
And that may be the hardest part of losing you.
xx

6 Likes

I do the same, I kiss my husband’s pictures which are now all over the house, I kiss cushions with his picturre and trace his face and just miss him until I start crying…. have a good evening @Alone1

5 Likes

Anita, i do the same too.I kiss my dear wifes pictures by our bed and in our living room.It always upsets me, i kiss the last items of clothes her jumper too.I sleep with her top next to me too.Its trying to hold onto some form of connection to my dear wife as she cant be here physically.Thats what i so miss her physical presence next to me.This life is so hard now.take care Anita.

4 Likes

I do the same, I outline his picture with my finger and kiss, and imagine kissing him,..

3 Likes

Hi Lucy I think we all do the same. That’s our reality hugging and kissing photos. I also draw around my wife’s cheek. And press the phone against my cheek.


Wishing you all the best Tom
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

6 Likes

Yes you’re right thats all we have left…how sad are we.…:unamused_face:

4 Likes

Yup count me in talk/kiss to photo, phone and cushion. Try so hard to feel him.

2 Likes

Beautiful words, they speak to how I feel all the time. 51 weeks this evening, I remember it, like it was yesterday. My heart is broken forever :broken_heart: