I think he would be pleased

Hi rayjay
He was thoughtful and brave and it showed
How much he loved you right until the end.
I am also sure he is still with you.
Doreen x

2 Likes

My husband wanted direct cremation, his ashes were scattered in the garden of remembrance no one attended they were his wishes.I’ve since visited and found it to be a beautiful, peaceful
Place surrounded by hills.
I collected a beach stone from a place we holidayed so many times. I painted his name on it and placed it in our garden, every time I go out I always look at it and feel a connection. I miss him

3 Likes

That is a lovely story…
That is my wish when I am no more…
Straight to cremation…
My wife passed away 13 months ago
She had full church service and I scattered her ashes on parents grave.
I still have some and they go with me everywhere.
I will leave some at the cottage in Ireland I am in presently…that we renovated,had rescue hens,and a cat…
My plan is to leave here now…
It’s just not home…
It’s in a rural location and all the things that made it a special place,left when my wife (of 8 weeks ) left.
How do you cope living in the same house that had so much happiness…?
I hope I am not making a mistake…
And regret selling up…
You look after yourself…!!!

2 Likes

The question of ‘how can I live in this house with all the memories’ is something we all share. For you, being in a rural area, it might be best to sell your home and move to where there are people around and activities going on. Being alone and isolated are just too much. Just my opinion.

We have a large house. Is it too big for me alone? Of course, it was too big for just the 2 of us. But, it is a nice neighborhood and I have lived in this house for 23 years.

Will I sell and move to a smaller home? Maybe. But, as long as it is a “maybe” I will make no decisions.

If your plan is to move, then start purging your things now. Do it bit by bit or you will face unpacking a lot of useless things at your new place.

For me, I feel like getting rid of everything in my house and starting over. There is nothing that can’t be replaced - it is just stuff - and his empty chair is more than I need.

May your decisions come easy and peace be upon you in the process.

1 Like

Thank you for your words…
It’s good to hear from similar people.
I wish you peace.