I thought I am getting better

I really thought that I am getting better - how wrong I was. I sorted his shirts out for the charity collection, cried a bit but managed to put the bag in front of our house. I saw the bag collected today and cried a bit because it felt like he is taken away from me again. (I know stupid) I put washing on, watching a stupid German soap and I am crying my eyes out. The crying comes in waves now. I am still waiting for a reply from the local priest regarding a bereavement group - although I am not sure if I have the energy to go there. Will it getting better? Any hope?

1 Like

I was the same when i put my some of my partners clothes outside. When they throw the bag into the van my heart sunk. Some things do get better i still look for the txt to say coming home from work or look out the window at 4.45 to see if turning the corner.I cry everyday still, the brighter nights help a bit and back to playing me music. So it will get better Anna

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. My husband was always hurrying to come home in the evening and he managed to take the wrong train sometimes. The train would not stop at Tilbury Town but in Pitsea. So he called me and said he is passing our house in a few minutes and I ran out into the garden to wave at him. It was the time were he still could open the train windows and every time I hear the trains going by I see him waving and smiling at me. Memories can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. Sending love and hugs.

1 Like