I used to love the mornings...

Well not any more…18 years ago was when Richard and I had set up our forever home, i already had dog number one and we had agreed on getting another dog, then i got my way and we got dog number three, our household-our family was complete i had everything i ever wanted or needed…Yes i had always told Richard " my mornings are the best part of my day, the coming down stairs to three happy to see me and three waggy tails dogs, it was my early mornings routines of making a fuss of the dogs, letting them out into the garden for a quick wee, then i would put the kettle on, sit down and play taped tv programme catch-ups plus any cuddles and kisses the dogs were wanting before they settled back to sleep until my Richard came downstairs either to get his golfing gear from the garage ready to load into the back of his car, or a non golf day that would have been us walking the dogs, or going somewhere in the car, or shopping, or the garden centre…
well now i hate the mornings, the reality that this home is now completely empty, no dogs, no Richard, when once back home there was atmosphere, sounds, talking, the dogs giving the odd bark, excitement from the dogs when getting the leads ready, or when we or one of us came through that front door…I am missing all those hugs and kisses, the happy to see me’s, the atmosphere, the knowledge that wherever Richard or the dogs go, they wont be too far away, and if out, they will be coming through either that back door or the front door…
I am going crazy now with my own conversation… no one to hug or cuddle…no one who is pleased to see me…Yes i now hate the mornings, even though i wake up and get out of bed earlier than i once did…so empty, so lifeless…

Jackie…

Jackie, have you considered getting another dog.? I know that your illness restricts you, I was thinking about a small dog which doesn’t need much exercise. x

Mary…
…i would love anther dog, dogs in my life…i would hate to think my dog owning days are now over, i will see how my future pans out…I do often feel that i have had my life, my dog life, it may be this is it, as good as it gets…but i would love to have it all again, only it wont be with my same three fur-babies, ( the loves of my life ) as they too have now gone to the rainbowsbrdge…Yes there was time not too far back that i had it all…

Jackie…

1 Like