I’ve lost my dad and we hadn’t spoke in 2 years.

My dad was an alcoholic/ drug addict
He was a real dr jekkyl and my Hyde character.
The good side of him was the funniest guy. A real character and would do anything for anyone. My best memories were with that side of him
The bad side was selfish and spiteful. Bitter and abusive.
I spent my teens trying to fix him and get him support and tried to get through to him. I acted like the father and him the son. One day though, it was the final straw. He became abusive to my wife and I said enough is enough. I cut contact to protect my self and my Mrs.
I kicked him out and the next morning found a note that said “Jake I love you- life is short. Love to you and Jess”
We didn’t speak then for 2 years. My sister stayed in touch with care and at a distance in order to protect herself and I genuinely believed one day we would be having golden times together again.
But yesterday I found out that his addictions got the better of him and he passed away. I don’t know what to do. I struggle with depression myself at times and the thought of reality and work and life just seems pointless at the mo.

2 Likes

Hello @Cainyjake ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your dad that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

1 Like