If I could Have Just One More Day

If I could have just one more day and wishes did come true
I’d spend every glorious moment side by side with you
Recalling all the years we shared and the memories we made
How grateful I would be to have just one more day.

Where the tears I’ve shed are not in vain and only fall in bliss
So many things I’d let you know about the days you’ve missed
I wouldn’t have to make pretend you never went away

When that day came to a close and the sun began to set
A million times I’d let you know I never will forget
The heart of gold you left behind when you entered Heaven’s gate

8 Likes

That was beautiful. It really got to me, It’s exactly how I feel. Thank you for sharing.

“If Only” must be the two saddest words in the world.
So many words to say to our loved ones, but no way to say them.

4 Likes

My husband died suddenly in hospital . It was so unexpected so I didnt get to say goodbye. Id love to have had one more day to tell him how much I loved him & to say goodbye.

1 Like

Dear Barb26

I know that pain. My husband was killed in a motorbike accident. I had only spoken with him three hours earlier. I told him I loved him as we finished the call never knowing that would be the last time. I pray every night and tell him how much I love and need him, hoping that he can hear me but never to hear his voice again.

So sorry Sheila. I cant imagine how that must have been for you

I never got to say good bye & we had been having a few problems in our marriage, il never get over the guilt i felt that i couldnt help my husband, he had a drink problem which escalated thru lockdown, i knew he was drinking but not the extent that he was, i had told him that as much as i loved him i didnt like him, i felt like i was grieving 2 people, my lovely husband & the stranger who turned into a drunk.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing.