Ihelp

I lost my husband august 9 th and really struggling feel don’t want to be here without him please help

3 Likes

I really understand how you feel. I lost my husband 18 months ago and struggle every day. Life seems so hard. We have not lost only our husbands but our hopes and future. I learn to live hour by hour. It is too much in the early days to cope with anything else. Life is foggy and unreal. I felt disconnected and unable to function with every day tasks. Getting out of bed and washing and dressing was an achievement. Take everything at your own pace. I talk to my husband and talk about him. It gives me comfort. It’s your personal journey and everyone is different. Keep texting and others on this forum understand and will help you. I’m so sorry for your loss xx

5 Likes

I lost my love, and my live was changed forever on the 4th of August. I am just trying to keep going, for him. It’s the hardest thing I have ever done…:pensive::pensive:… my Martin was just 47 and we had our whole life ahead of us… I do feel really resentful at times, when I see couples going about their normal days; jeepers, they don’t know what’s ahead of them… I’m just trying to get through; But I’m just broken, heartbroken and will probably feel like this forever… God help and pray for me; sending love to you all…. It’s the hardest thing we will ever have to do….:pensive::heart:X

5 Likes

Hi Kathrynanne

I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are really struggling. I want you to know you are not alone, and we are here for you.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. We know that a lot of people experience suicidal thoughts during their grief journey. We have a video about it here which you might find helpful:

https://griefguide.sueryder.org/support/suicide

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.
  • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

Please look after yourself, you deserve care and support.
Take good care, Rhi

1 Like

Hi Kathyrnanne, as the others have said you are not alone. I lost my Martin on 7th August and I too struggle to see the point. Martin had an incredible capacity for hope which is the only thing keeping me here. I hope for some hope. A part of me still expects him to come back. He was only 59. Being married to him was the easiest thing I ever had to do. Losing him is the hardest.
I wish I could offer something more inspirational but all we can do is lean on each other and hope x

3 Likes