im not sure what to do now

I lost my Wife about 16months ago to cancer(she was 44), we had about 9 months after we found out. I’ve not found it easy at all. I’ve had counselling and still being treated for depression. my friends and family have been my life line but when I’m alone indoors, all I can hear is ghosts of the pasted and the life we have lost together. The Same two questions keep going over and over in my head.

What do I do now?

Am I always going to be alone?

I miss her so much but I seem so lost still.

7 Likes

Hi @Peter4524

So sorry for the loss of your wife :heart:

Sorry your going through a terrible time.

You’ll know in your heart the answer to your questions. What do you want to do now? What interest’s you? How can you progress with whatever it is you want to do?

You won’t always be alone if you choose not to be but it’s up to you to decide if you are ready and want to start new connections.

Sending love and hugs :hugs:

2 Likes

She was so young and went so fast its crazy i lost my husband 10 months ago older than your wife he was 67 and i was 58 he was given 6 months and lived 7 weeks. So cruel and sad just take a day at a time and try rest

2 Likes

Peter 4524
I lost my husband 18 months ago.
When you say “what do you do now and will it always be alone?” I get that feeling exactly and about the depression which I am also being treated for. It isn’t as simple as just go and do things. I force myself sometimes but it doesn’t hit the spot what is underlying these two thoughts.
I used to go with my husband.
Yes there were things I might go to without him but he used to take me and pick me up afterwards.
Not all the time but when he was ill we tried to make the best of it but he got weaker. I still get the ghost feeling. The cat is my company. But in my mind I am still connected to my husband. Have you seen the comedy series “Afterlife” by Ricki Gervais on Netflix on tv ? His late wife left him videos to watch before she died to try to help him. He chats on the churchyard seat, where he walks to with his dog, to another widow.

2 Likes

Good morning @Peter4524

I was just wondering how you are getting on :hugs:

Hello Katyh

oh life moves on slowly, im still trying to work things out with a few more set back,

thank you for asking

1 Like

@Peter4524

At least you are still trying to figure things out, you’ll get there. We are all here is you need to talk x