I'm struggling to function

Im struggling to function, I lost my precious son 22 November 2023 . I was his carer and mummy for 40 yrs , he went into hospital for a simple traceostamy operation they botched it up and he was brain dead, I had to switch off life support. I’m broken :broken_heart:. I don’t want to live anymore

6 Likes

I’m so sorry for the loss of your son and for the way you are feeling right now. I have no words that will make you feel any better but please, if you haven’t already done so, speak to your doctor or someone close to you for support.

My youngest son passed away almost 7 weeks ago and I have days when I just don’t want to wake up and start another day without him. But I have my eldest son who needs me and I don’t want to put him through any more than he has already. X

1 Like

Everyday is hard I also went through them feelings of not wanting to carry on,but everyday is another day i get through.Good memories for me are hard to find amonst my heartbreak and grief,but keep trying to mend yourself.Take care of yourself

Sorry to hear about your loss i lost my son During that same period it is really hard and i really understand what what you are going through. My daughter keeps reminding me to be kind to my self thats its not my fault and i try and remember the good times.

1 Like

Its so heart wrenching.Im so broken.I cry everyday the pain is incredible

I get it, I went through something similar. My son went into hospital for open heart surgery and we expected him to recover as he always had. He caught mrsa and pneumonia in the hospital and it turned to sepsis. Hearing the words ‘brain dead’ was the worst thing I have ever heard, I’m broken that my beautiful son was robbed of his future.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about losing your son. Life can be really unfair at times

1 Like

Them thoughts went through my head also.Life is not the same and never will be

I agree our life will never be the same again . I missed my son every second of the day. He was such a great young man

1 Like